As the 2019 elections enter a crucial bend, the Kwara Development Foundation, Kwadef has advised voters to take advantage of the poll to exercise their constitutional right to elect their leaders of choice through the ballot box.
Kwadef, a non- government organization which embarked on voters’ sensitization program in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital on Saturday, enjoined the prospective voters to eschew violence and not to allow themselves to be used negatively by politicians during the poll.
The voters who expressed their readiness for the poll, advised the group to intensify the enlightenment program and order to “open the eyes of the people’.
In a post-event press conference, Dr. Kolawole Afolabi, the president of the group explained that the group remains a non-partisan group with non-partisan interest.
He added that as the nation moves to perform the next election ritual, the group has decided to step forward and work towards enacting a focused development paradigm for mobilising the collective strength of the people Kwara to achieve sustainable socio- economic growth.
According to him, Kwadef is seeking a non-partisan roadmap to restore deliberate thinking, planning and acting together to restore the glory of Kwara state. He maintained that the exercise was the beginning of a series of intervention programs that will spread over a long period of time.
Zenith Bank earns over N80 billion as trading gains in 2018
DSS Withdraws Invitation To INEC National Commissioner
With God, I can be bigger than Tiwa savage, Olamide, others — PROMISE
‘Buhari is showing his true colour with Death threats’ – Atiku
Application for the Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme closes March 1
Cover Of The Week
- Sixteenth UN - AU Joint Task Force on Peace and Security held in Addis Ababa February 18, 2019
- Ethiopia and Djibouti’s renewed resolve for cooperation and economic integration February 18, 2019
- UNHCR South Sudan Operational Update February 18, 2019
- An European Union (EU) road project in Eritrea February 18, 2019
- Zimbabwe: President Mnangagwa’s threats ‘deeply troubling’ February 18, 2019
- Countries urged to ratify labour conventions February 18, 2019
- Procter & Gamble announces newest commitment to gender equality across the Indian subcontinent, Middle East and Africa region at the #WeSeeEqual Summit February 18, 2019
- Africa: The Gambia's National Day February 18, 2019
- Speech by Shri R. Masakui, Ambassador of India to the Republic of Zimbabwe on the 70th Republic Day of India celebration February 18, 2019
- The Gambia's National Day (Statement by Michael R. Pompeo) February 18, 2019
Uncategorized4 days ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips1 week ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips3 days ago
How Prophet TB Joshua prophesied election postponement.
Uncategorized4 days ago
Finally, INEC Postpones 2019 election till Feb. 23