A 47-year-old woman, Jero Nwoze, appeared before an Igbosere Magistrate’s Court in Lagos, yesterday, over alleged forgery of a letter purportedly written by an Assistant Inspector General of Police to obtain 33,000 litres of fuel.
Nwoze is facing a two-count charge of forgery and impersonation.
The prosecutor, Inspector Abbas Abayomi, told the court that the defendant committed the offences in January at MRS Oil Nigeria Plc, at 8, McCarthy Street, Lagos.
He said the defendant forged a letter purportedly signed by DCP Peter Tadefe, on behalf of the AIG of Police, C Department Annex, Lagos.
Abayomi said the letter was written with the letter head paper of the Inspector General of Police and was addressed to the Managing Director of MRS Oil Nigeria Plc, McCarthy Street, Lagos.
The prosecutor said Nwoze, presented the said letter to MRS to fraudulently obtain 33,000 litres of petrol.
He said the defendant was arrested when the company notified AIG office to confirm the letter’s authenticity, only to find out that there was no such written order.
The offences contravened Sections 363 (1) and 380 (2) of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State, 2015.
Magistrate Abimbola Komolafe granted her N500,000 bail with two sureties in like sum.
She said the sureties must be gainfully employed, must be resident in Lagos and must show evidence of tax payment to Lagos State Government and have their addresses verified.
She adjourned the case till April 3 for further hearing
VAT HIKE WILL IMPOVERISH NIGERIANS – TAKE IT BACK MOVEMENT SPEAKS OUT AGAINST FG’S DECISION TO PUNISH NIGERIANS WITH POVERTY
Ubi Franklin’s Shocker : I Have Photos Of All The Married Women Iyanya Slept With
GTBank Builds Nigeria’s First Digital Play Centre for Children
CBN Applauds Ecobank’s Sustainability Efforts
Odumakin Bombs Opadokun
Cover Of The Week
- Mozambique: “Tens of thousands of families have lost everything” March 22, 2019
- International Organization for Migration (IOM) responds to devastating Cyclone Idai with shelter materials and more March 22, 2019
- Humanitarian Border Management Between Burundi, Tanzania Bolstered by Technology March 22, 2019
- African Policymakers Highlight Opportunities of National Climate Plans March 22, 2019
- Access to safe water for all is key to sustainable development March 22, 2019
- UK aid Cyclone Idai response - additional flight to leave for Mozambique March 22, 2019
- Private Sector Joins IOM to Enhance Skills of Gambian Returnees March 22, 2019
- Policy, Trade and the Private Sector in the Digital Era to dominate debate as Conference of African Ministers kicks off in Marrakesh March 22, 2019
- Marriott Hotels brings TED Fellows Salon to the mother city inspiring “Vibrant Innovation” March 22, 2019
- Merck Foundation meets the President and the First Lady of Burundi to launch their programs in the country March 22, 2019
Uncategorized1 month ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips2 weeks ago
Sir Adebutu Kensington distances self from son’s APM move
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
‘I haven’t decamped to APC’ – Titi Oseni debunks rumours