In a most decorated burial in the history of the modern day Benin City, The Edo State Deputy Governor, His Excellence, Mr. Philip Shaibu, led other prominent Nigerians, both in politics, arts and religion to the burial of Chief Pa Godwin Enabunlele Enotiemwenowan Igbinosun Imasuen the Ohen Okhuosa of Urhokosa aka ‘The Last Good Man’ the father of Nollywood’s great, Sir Lancelot Oduwa Imasuen.
The 3-day carnival like burial held the State spellbound, as no governmental activities, political or spiritual gatherings were on-hold for the 3 days in honor of one of this great son of Benin kingdom.
Those who gate crashed were of the opinion that it could have been a movie location, as tens of notable actors and actresses trooped out to honor one of their own and in fact, the most consistent filmmaker in the history of Nollywood.
The day’s heavy shower could not stop the white carpet laid for celebrities s they took turns to grace the carpet.
Top Nollywood stars, Directors, Producers, Comedians and a host of other notable entertainers invaded the ancient town in their various regalias.
If the event had been a movie set, it would been the gathering of highest numbers of celebrities for a movie production, it would have resulted to a highest grossing movie ever to be produced by a Nigerian.
Friendship were sealed, old wounds were healed, deals were sealed, reunions made, happiness shared. Indigenes of the ancient city took turns to have pictures with their various idols.
Also present were, Edo State former Deputy Governor and now Chairman Board of Directors NDDC, Member House of Representative, Hon Ogbiede Ihama,
Former Governorship aspirant PDP Edo State,
Hon Rasaq Bello Osagie, Hon Desmond Elliot, Alex Osifo, Sam Dede, Monalisa Chinda Coker
Charles inojie, Alex Ekubo, Aki and Pawpaw and Bishop Imeh.
Others include, DG National Film and Videos Censors Board, Commissioner of Arts Culture, Tourism and Diasporia Affairs Edo State, Hon Osaro Obazee, Dr Godwin Ehigiamusoe, founder LAPO and a host of other Nollywood stars, entertainers, politicians and democrats.
Governor of the state, Godwin Obaseki and his Deputy amongst other notable Nigerians like the Senator Representing Edo South Senatorial District, Aisagbonriodion Matthew Urhoghide, former Inspector General of Police, Mr Solomon Arase, House of Representative Member, Oredo Federal Constituency, Omoregie Ogbeide-Ihama had earlier showed their solidarity with a personally signed condolence message to the Imasuen’s family.
Lagos State Task Force Assault and Teargas Journalist
Fly better on Emirates and discover dazzling Dubai
Friends, Political Associates of Akeredolu’s Cabinet Members Appointed As Sen. Ajayi Borofice’s Aides
WIMBIZ recorded more than 2,000 attendees for the two-day conference
THE HUMILIATION OF THE VILLA FIEND
Cover Of The Week
- Ecobank signs up to The United Nations Environment Programme’s Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) Principles for Responsible Banking November 13, 2019
- U.S. International Development Finance Corporation (DFC) and African Development Bank partner to Support Development in Africa November 13, 2019
- WHO prequalifies Ebola vaccine, paving the way for its use in high-risk countries November 13, 2019
- U.S. provides Financing to Tetra4 to develop Energy Infrastructure in South Africa November 13, 2019
- Continental championship Rugby Africa Cup 2020 season starts with new spectator experience November 13, 2019
- International Organization for Migration (IOM) Ethiopia Rolls Out Community-Based Planning for Displacement Affected Communities in Somali Region November 12, 2019
- In the Face of Uncertainty, Residents of Aweil Remain Hopeful of Unity November 12, 2019
- Water Systems Completed in Uganda Refugee Settlements with European Union (EU), United Nations Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) Support November 12, 2019
- USA Supports Ghana to Advance and Strengthen Community-level Health Service Delivery November 12, 2019
- Africa Investment Forum: Family businesses - an underestimated economic driving force November 12, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews5 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports4 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today