As Nigerian Christians join their counterparts all over the world to mark the Easter celebration, Lagos State Governor-elect, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu has called on them to imbibe the spirit of love, humility, tolerance and forgiveness exemplified by Jesus Christ during his earthly sojourn.
Sanwo-Olu in a statement signed by his media officer, Mr. Gboyega Akosile, said the centrality of the birth and crucifixion of Jesus Christ was about love for mankind and His work of redemption urging Christians in Nigeria and Lagos in particular to imbibe love as an important fruit of the spirit.
The Governor-elect reminded Lagosians of the pains and agony endured by Jesus Christ on the Cross of Calvary as the height of sacrifice for humanity.
”Therefore, we must use this auspicious period to promote unity, love and sacrifice, which were displayed by Jesus Christ.”
Sanwo-Olu further enjoined Lagosians to use this Easter Celebration to reflect on the sacrificial life of Jesus as a worthy example for all to emulate adding that Nigerians and the people of Lagos must be willing, at all times, to make sacrifices for the progress and development of the society without any recourse to parochial sentiments against one another, especially, along ethnic and religious lines.
“Easter celebration is one of the most anticipated festivals in the Christian world because it represents God’s love for humanity.
The period, which is a commemoration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ is a time for us to reinforce our commitment to our faith and love towards one another as demonstrated by Christ Himself.”
The Governor-elect charged Lagosians to use this period of Easter celebration to also ponder upon the affairs of the state and its potentials for growth.
”Lagos is currently the 5th largest economy in Africa and has the potentials to rank among the top 3 in the continent, if we continue on our positive trajectory and remain bound by love for one another.
We just came out of an election season. Election period is over and now is the time to demonstrate the spirit of oneness by coming together to work for a greater Lagos where we will all prosper.”
Sanwo-Olu also assured Lagosians that they will not regret voting for him at the just concluded gubernatorial election in the State.
‘’I will not take the confidence you reposed in me by voting for me and my party, the All Progressives Congress for granted. We will work harder to surpass expectations.
Our T.H.E.M.E agenda, which covers Transportation and Traffic Management, Education and Technology, Health and Environment, Making Lagos a 21st century global economy and Entertainment, Sport and Tourism is being distilled further into implementable action-plan by team of experts.
While wishing Lagosians a Happy Easter celebration, Mr. Sanwo-Olu advised the citizens not to lose sight of the importance of the season.
Ogun to Demolish Houses That Habour Kidnappers, Sets Up Trust Fund
Fashion Your Way To Fame With Scissor Reality Show
LAGOS FIRST LADY RAISES HOPE OF IMPROVED ACCESS TO QUALITY HEALTHCARE
Emirates Aviation University introduces a special package for international students
ZENITH BANK APPOINTS HENRY OROH EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR AND DR. AL-MUJTABA ABUBAKAR INDEPENDENT NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Cover Of The Week
- New push for peace in Gogrial, Tonj, Wau as area governors embark on grassroots implementation activities August 23, 2019
- Tanzania: Second journalist arrested in a month must be released unconditionally August 23, 2019
- Merck Foundation in partnership with the First Lady of Malawi launches a children story to teach children and youth family values of love and respect- The Story of Limbani and Takondwa August 23, 2019
- Facebook celebrates 'Icons of Change' from across Sub-Saharan Africa with a Youth Gathering in Accra, Ghana August 23, 2019
- Assistant Foreign Minister Chen Xiaodong Meets with Charles Kayonga, Rwandan Ambassador to Leave August 23, 2019
- UN Commission on Human Rights in South Sudan: Localization of conflict and unaddressed community grievances serve as barriers to sustainable peace August 23, 2019
- Alternatives to Irregular Migration: International Organization for Migration (IOM) Launches Vocational Training Programme for Gambians August 23, 2019
- Innovative Inclusive Approach to Strengthen Community Cohesion in Chad August 23, 2019
- Launch of the Advancing Economic Diversification in Ethiopia Project August 23, 2019
- School closures in West and Central Africa triple since 2017, as education comes under fire across the region August 23, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others