As Nigerian Christians join their counterparts all over the world to mark the Easter celebration, Lagos State Governor-elect, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu has called on them to imbibe the spirit of love, humility, tolerance and forgiveness exemplified by Jesus Christ during his earthly sojourn.
Sanwo-Olu in a statement signed by his media officer, Mr. Gboyega Akosile, said the centrality of the birth and crucifixion of Jesus Christ was about love for mankind and His work of redemption urging Christians in Nigeria and Lagos in particular to imbibe love as an important fruit of the spirit.
The Governor-elect reminded Lagosians of the pains and agony endured by Jesus Christ on the Cross of Calvary as the height of sacrifice for humanity.
”Therefore, we must use this auspicious period to promote unity, love and sacrifice, which were displayed by Jesus Christ.”
Sanwo-Olu further enjoined Lagosians to use this Easter Celebration to reflect on the sacrificial life of Jesus as a worthy example for all to emulate adding that Nigerians and the people of Lagos must be willing, at all times, to make sacrifices for the progress and development of the society without any recourse to parochial sentiments against one another, especially, along ethnic and religious lines.
“Easter celebration is one of the most anticipated festivals in the Christian world because it represents God’s love for humanity.
The period, which is a commemoration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ is a time for us to reinforce our commitment to our faith and love towards one another as demonstrated by Christ Himself.”
The Governor-elect charged Lagosians to use this period of Easter celebration to also ponder upon the affairs of the state and its potentials for growth.
”Lagos is currently the 5th largest economy in Africa and has the potentials to rank among the top 3 in the continent, if we continue on our positive trajectory and remain bound by love for one another.
We just came out of an election season. Election period is over and now is the time to demonstrate the spirit of oneness by coming together to work for a greater Lagos where we will all prosper.”
Sanwo-Olu also assured Lagosians that they will not regret voting for him at the just concluded gubernatorial election in the State.
‘’I will not take the confidence you reposed in me by voting for me and my party, the All Progressives Congress for granted. We will work harder to surpass expectations.
Our T.H.E.M.E agenda, which covers Transportation and Traffic Management, Education and Technology, Health and Environment, Making Lagos a 21st century global economy and Entertainment, Sport and Tourism is being distilled further into implementable action-plan by team of experts.
While wishing Lagosians a Happy Easter celebration, Mr. Sanwo-Olu advised the citizens not to lose sight of the importance of the season.
Abel Olasunkanmi Ayen: A HONOR WELL DESERVED
Ogun: NO ETHNIC AGENDA PLEASE
“How The God of T.B. Joshua Saved me from Fatal Accident’- Engr. Akinbola Fatiregun
2019 HAJJ: 550 OGUN PILGRIMS ARRIVE SAUDI
Taye currency, Aroleowo,Lyta,Lanre Teriba,Femi solar, Others Set To Take Ibadan By Storm At Unscarred Concert
Cover Of The Week
- Sustainable Development Goal 8 (SDG8) plays pivotal role in efforts to achieve 2030 Agenda, says Chinganya July 19, 2019
- July 23 Briefing with Ambassador Tibor P. Nagy, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of African Affairs and Constance Hamilton Assistant U.S. Trade Representative for Africa July 19, 2019
- Security Council Press Statement on Abyei July 19, 2019
- Rugby: Zambia turns focus on Kenya meet July 19, 2019
- ENGIE and Meridiam achieve financial close for two solar photovoltaic projects in Senegal July 19, 2019
- Building Shelters for Vulnerable Displaced Persons in Burkina Faso July 19, 2019
- Merck Foundation partners with the First Lady of Malawi to build healthcare capacity and break infertility stigma in the country July 19, 2019
- 2019 OFID Annual Award for Development recognizes Vida Duti’s remarkable water and sanitation work in Ghana July 19, 2019
- The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) launches new strategy, sets sights on sustainable growth and maximum development impact July 19, 2019
- Embiid, Bosh, Brogdon, Deng And Dieng Headline Basketball Without Borders Africa 2019 In Senegal July 19, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized5 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business3 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime3 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others