The attention of Nigeria Customs Service has been drawn to a video circulating on social media with misleading commentary capable of inciting members of the public against Customs. The false narrative is that the service is destroying the properties of Clearing Agents at Seme Border.
For the avoidance of doubt, the land in question belongs to Nigeria Customs Service and was allocated temporarily to the Clearing Agents with the agreement that anytime the service has need for it, they will leave.
Fortunately for the Clearing Agents, they had the opportunity of using the land for over a decade till now that the Service is expanding its barracks to accommodate more Officers and Men of the Command.
This is in line with the effort of Nigeria Customs Management to provide adequate accommodation for its Officers so as to ensure effective delivery of their statutory functions.
NCS Management wants to avoid a situation where inadequacy of barracks accommodation forces Officers to live in houses that may belong to smugglers.
Consequently, they were given quit notice that lasted about a year.
In line with our cordial relationship, the Agents are complying with the notice and removing all their valuables including doors, windows e.t.c. It is therefore, unfortunate for this unknown person to film people who are removing their own properties without coercion or hindrance to give it a narrative that can cause breach of peace.
The Nigeria Customs therefore, calls on all those who may come across this video to disregard its content as effort are on to track the fabricator.
Cover Of The Week
- Africa Oil & Power officially opens Mozambique Workshops, celebrates International Women’s Day March 8, 2021
- Sonangol celebrates 45 Years in Service of Angola (By Charné Hundermark) March 8, 2021
- Canada World Youth and Africa Skills Hub partner to introduce Women’s Entrepreneurship and Livelihood Initiative (WELI) March 8, 2021
- USD 35-billion per year is needed to tackle Africa’s water crisis; South African firm Khato Civils announces African expansion and calls for AfCFTA to be the catalyst to build Africa’s water infrastructure March 8, 2021
- The Africa Digital Inclusion Facility approves grants worth $1.3 million for two research efforts to enhance women’s digital access to loans and micro-insurance March 8, 2021
- The African Energy Chamber to host Virtual Book Launch for its first ever advisory board book March 8, 2021
- NBA and Basketball Africa League launch Gender Equality Initiatives in Africa March 8, 2021
- Energy Sector stands with Equatorial Guinea as explosions decimate in residential areas March 8, 2021
- Oil and Gas sector welcomes merger of South Africa’s iGas, PetroSA and Strategic Fuel Fund March 8, 2021
- Gaerne and Team Qhubeka ASSOS reunite partnership March 8, 2021
Politics3 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro6 months ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports6 months ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi