JOINT SECURITY TO PATROL SOUTHWEST ROADS – GOV. ABIODUN
A joint security team that would patrol major roads and provide adequate security to the people of the Southwest part of the country would soon be set up.
The Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun disclosed this today at a day Sensitization Programme on the Vision and Focus of the State Government Towards the Preparation of the 2020 Budget held at the Obas Complex, Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta.
Prince Abiodun who described the current security situation in the country as worrisome, said Governors in the region have been brain storming on how to tackle the menace, as no serious investors would come when they are not sure of the security of their lives and that of their investments.
He said the amended Security Trust Fund Bill would be sent to the State House of Assembly for legislative action, saying it would embrace major stakeholders and allow
Managers take decisions without waiting for directive from him.
The Governor also stated that the government has commenced paliative measures on some roads in the state irrespective of ownership, adding that Ogun and Lagos state governments have approached the Federal government on the desire of both States to take over the rehabilitation of roads linking them.
The State helmsman who described education as the biggest industry of the State, said his administration would convert some of the Model Schools built by the last administration but which were never utilised to technical and vocational training institutions, while the digitisation of the State would be pursued and deployed in the health, education and other sectors of the State to improve and enhance service delivery.
The Governor who also reeled out his administration’s plans for the agricultural sector, said government would liaise with other agric-focussed states to produce food that could feed the state and it’s neighbours, adding that Ogun State Enterprise Development Agency would be set up to boost the capacity of Small and Medium Enterprises.
While emphasising that the administration’s mission was carefully thought through, Governor Abiodun said the sensitization programme was to produce a realistic Budget that would focus on performance, affirming government commitment to taking the State to the next level.
Speaking earlier, the Director of Budget and Planning, Mr. Tomiwa Osibodu, said the programme was to know the focus and aspirations of the administration, saying that revenue must be revitalised to enable government carry out it’s programmes without depending on Federal Allocation.
GOD’S OWN POWER AND GLORY MINISTRIES HOLDS REVIVAL
Mouka Ups Game for Sustainable Market Control, Earns NSP’s Endorsement
CLMI has the capacity to produce 3million jobs annually ,….stakeholders
FIRSTBANK PARTNERS WITH CFA SOCIETY NIGERIA TO HOST 2019 ETHICS CHALLENGE COMPETITION
Journalist Recounts Ordeal in the Hands of Lagos Task Force
Cover Of The Week
- Ethiopia celebrated at World Travel Market November 15, 2019
- Democratic Republic of Congo and IMF Mission Reach an Agreement ad-referendum on Financial Assistance Under the Rapid Credit Facility and a Staff-Monitored Program November 15, 2019
- Foreign Minister Shahid pays a courtesy call on the Prime Minister of Morocco November 15, 2019
- Undersecretary of Ministry of Foreign Affairs for International Affairs meets in Washington with Deputy National Security Advisor for MENA at WHNSC November 15, 2019
- Emergency Response Project for Displaced Communities in Niger Concludes Amid Deteriorating Security Situation November 15, 2019
- Visit of the Chairperson of the African Union Commission to WHO November 15, 2019
- Minister Shahid meets with the Minister of Endowment and Islamic Affairs of Morocco November 15, 2019
- Nigeria Immigration Service, International Organization for Migration (IOM) Launch Border Management Information System at Largest Airport to Date November 15, 2019
- German Government support for the development of Namibia’s parks: Inauguration ceremony of Tsau Khaeb (Sperrgebiet) National Park infrastructure, Kharas Region November 15, 2019
- Venture Capital for Africa (VC4A) Launches First Dedicated Online Training Program for Africa’s Business Angels: ‘Mentor-Driven Capital’ November 15, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews5 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports4 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today