JOINT SECURITY TO PATROL SOUTHWEST ROADS – GOV. ABIODUN
A joint security team that would patrol major roads and provide adequate security to the people of the Southwest part of the country would soon be set up.
The Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun disclosed this today at a day Sensitization Programme on the Vision and Focus of the State Government Towards the Preparation of the 2020 Budget held at the Obas Complex, Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta.
Prince Abiodun who described the current security situation in the country as worrisome, said Governors in the region have been brain storming on how to tackle the menace, as no serious investors would come when they are not sure of the security of their lives and that of their investments.
He said the amended Security Trust Fund Bill would be sent to the State House of Assembly for legislative action, saying it would embrace major stakeholders and allow
Managers take decisions without waiting for directive from him.
The Governor also stated that the government has commenced paliative measures on some roads in the state irrespective of ownership, adding that Ogun and Lagos state governments have approached the Federal government on the desire of both States to take over the rehabilitation of roads linking them.
The State helmsman who described education as the biggest industry of the State, said his administration would convert some of the Model Schools built by the last administration but which were never utilised to technical and vocational training institutions, while the digitisation of the State would be pursued and deployed in the health, education and other sectors of the State to improve and enhance service delivery.
The Governor who also reeled out his administration’s plans for the agricultural sector, said government would liaise with other agric-focussed states to produce food that could feed the state and it’s neighbours, adding that Ogun State Enterprise Development Agency would be set up to boost the capacity of Small and Medium Enterprises.
While emphasising that the administration’s mission was carefully thought through, Governor Abiodun said the sensitization programme was to produce a realistic Budget that would focus on performance, affirming government commitment to taking the State to the next level.
Speaking earlier, the Director of Budget and Planning, Mr. Tomiwa Osibodu, said the programme was to know the focus and aspirations of the administration, saying that revenue must be revitalised to enable government carry out it’s programmes without depending on Federal Allocation.
FBNQuest Trustees Marks 40th Anniversary of preserving legacies in Nigeria
IWS offers free medical ,donate Clothes,Food stuffs in Lagos community
The Bisi Fayemi You Have Not Met- By Mary Oso-Omotoso
DEJI OWOYELE “THE BRIDGE BUILDER” @ 40
Fidelity Bank Donates Laboratory To Correctional Home
Cover Of The Week
- G5 Sahel heads of State throw their weight behind African Development Bank initiative Desert to power September 15, 2019
- African Development Bank launches US$ 2 billion 1.625% Global Benchmark due 16 September 2022 September 13, 2019
- Innovative thinking marks African Development Bank’s Africa jobs manifesto September 13, 2019
- Humanitarian Assistance provided to Vulnerable Communities affected by floods in Niger September 13, 2019
- U.S. Embassy Statement on Recent Attack on Humanitarian Workers in Gambella September 13, 2019
- Belgian-Backed Labour Migration Initiative boosts Employability of Tunisian Youth September 13, 2019
- Kingdom of Morocco wins High-Level Vote to host next World Tourism Organization General Assembly in 2021 September 13, 2019
- Appeal launched for Humanitarian Response to Cyclone Devastation in Mozambique September 13, 2019
- U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) supports LNG Importation and Distribution in Guinea September 13, 2019
- Malaria vaccine launched in Kenya: Kenya joins Ghana and Malawi to roll out landmark vaccine in pilot introduction September 13, 2019
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics3 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS