NABDA assistant director commits suicide
The assistant director of the National Biotechnology Development Agency (NABDA), Mr Christopher Orji, has reportedly committed suicide in Abuja, after his invitation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission EFCC.
Orji’s lifeless body was reportedly found dangling with a rope tied to a ceiling fan at his residence at Federal Housing Authority Estate, Lugbe, Abuja, at about 4pm on August 30.
NABDA reports that police homicide detectives were still investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of 59-year-old Orji.
Reports said he had been invited by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to report at its Abuja office on the day he was found dead.
However, one of the staff of the agency, who pleaded anonymity, said Orji could not have killed himself as no suicide note was found at his residence.
When contacted, NABDA’s Acting Head of Communications and Protocol, Nkiru Amakeze, declined comment.
“So, what do you want me to tell you now? Please, I can’t speak on it,” Amakaeze simply told our reporter.
Until his death, Orji was the NABDA’s Bioresource Centre coordinator in Langtang, Plateau State.
Cover Of The Week
- Nearly 1 in 2 South African households is subscribed to SVOD September 21, 2021
- Recent political and community leaders retreat in Greater Pibor tackles issue of child marriages September 20, 2021
- Liberia: Ministry of Health, Consortium on Newborn Screening in Africa (CONSA) Launch Newborn Screening for Sickle Cell Disease In Liberia September 20, 2021
- Liberia: Ministry of Health, Liberia Board for Nursing and Midwifery (LBNM) Launch Digital Online Licensing Examinations System September 20, 2021
- Equatorial Guinea Secretary of State of Planning Will Lead a Strong Finance Delegation to African Energy Week in Cape Town September 20, 2021
- Prime Minister of Uganda Meets Ambassador of Qatar September 20, 2021
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 Statistics Daily Status Update (20 September 2021) September 20, 2021
- Coronavirus - South Africa: New COVID-19 Infections on a Downward Trend September 20, 2021
- The Visit of the Indonesian Consul General to Cape Town at The Cape Town Port for Life Skills Activities September 20, 2021
- Djibouti Signs its First Country Programme Framework (CPF) for 2022-2027 September 20, 2021
Fashion/Lifestyle5 months ago
How To Make a Girl Horny Fast – 9 Easy Tricks
Politics7 months ago
EKITI 2022:MAKING A CASE FOR A NEW FACE WITH NEW IDEAS IN STATE GOVERNANCE
celebrity radar - gossips7 months ago
Otunba Kehinde Oloyede is Bereaved!
Fashion/Lifestyle7 months ago
Rotary Recognizes exemplary youths across Nigeria