Ecobank Nigeria over the weekend carted away the “Electronic Data Rendition Compliance and Integrity” Award at the 2019 edition of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Electronic Payment Incentive Scheme (EPIS) Efficiency Awards. The CBN EPIS Efficiency Awards is organized to celebrate financial institutions, merchants and other stakeholders at the forefront of driving electronic payment in Nigeria. Now in its fourth edition, the awards are based on objective analysis of all E-payments data collated by the Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System (NIBSS) over a full calendar year.
According to the NIBSS, the annual award puts into consideration electronic payment transactions data rendered to CBN by Banks and other licensed payments service providers as well as public voting and surveys administered to industry stakeholders for transactions within the year under review.
Commenting on the award, Managing Director, Ecobank Nigeria, Patrick Akinwuntan stated that the award lends credence to the accuracy and integrity to “our electronic data and the proper rendition and compliance to the regulator’s standard. This also attests to Ecobank’s digital contributions and innovation in the Nigerian financial sector. We are using our digital strength to push financial inclusion in Nigeria. Our array of electronic products include the EcobankPay, Rapidtransfer, Omni-Lite”.
Further he reiterated that Ecobank is “excited to receive the NIBSS award for outstanding performance in Electronic Data Rendition, Compliance and Integrity. We are at the forefront of financial inclusion in Nigeria. Our digital offerings have simplified financial transaction processes and are safe, fast and reliable. There are testimonies on the efficiency of our products and we are happy that the regulators recognise our efforts”.
Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System Plc (NIBSS) is owned by all licensed banks including the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). It possesses modern world-class infrastructures for handling inter-bank payments to remove potential bottlenecks associated with inter-bank funds transfer and settlement. The company also operates the Nigeria Automated Clearing System (NACS) which facilitates the electronic clearing of cheques and other paper based instruments, electronic funds transfer, Automated Direct Credits and Automated Direct Debits.
AMOSUN OBAS: WE’LL MAKE OUR DECISION PUBLIC SOON- ABIODUN
India Support orphanage Named After TB Joshua In South Sudan
Seyi & Layal Tinubu’s Noella Foundation Partners Food Clique Support to Feed Students on World Food Day
FIRST BANK: TOWARDS REVIVING NIGERIA’S TEXTILE INDUSTRY
Tony Kabaka threatens to kill himself if Gov Obaseki demolishes his Ugbor Hotel…video
Cover Of The Week
- Didier Reynders confirms Belgium’s commitment to the Children and Armed Conflict agenda October 18, 2019
- A Hispanic American at U.S. Embassy Malabo October 18, 2019
- Contest: Aweil Students Test Their Spelling Abilities on Key Words in Country’s Peace Agreement October 18, 2019
- Wang Yi and South African International Relations and Cooperation Minister Naledi Pandor hold talks October 18, 2019
- The Ceremony of Handing Over of Agricultural Equipment within the Framework of the Japanese Programme « Support to Underpriviledged Gambian Farmers » to the Gambia October 18, 2019
- World Bank and International Monetary Fund (IMF) Annual Meetings in Washington: European Investment Bank (EIB) mobilises substantial resources in Tunisia October 18, 2019
- World Food Prize and World Hunger Fighters Foundation Launch Fellowship for Young African Agribusiness Innovators October 18, 2019
- Kenya Takes Vital Step Against Cervical Cancer and Introduces Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) Vaccine into Routine Immunization October 18, 2019
- Chinese Ambassador Zhao Yanbo attended the Groundbreaking Ceremony of China-aid Kazungula Primary School October 18, 2019
- National Energy Services Reunited Corp. to Release Third Quarter 2019 Financial Results on Nov 6th October 18, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Crime6 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Interviews4 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin