Ecobank Nigeria over the weekend carted away the “Electronic Data Rendition Compliance and Integrity” Award at the 2019 edition of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Electronic Payment Incentive Scheme (EPIS) Efficiency Awards. The CBN EPIS Efficiency Awards is organized to celebrate financial institutions, merchants and other stakeholders at the forefront of driving electronic payment in Nigeria. Now in its fourth edition, the awards are based on objective analysis of all E-payments data collated by the Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System (NIBSS) over a full calendar year.
According to the NIBSS, the annual award puts into consideration electronic payment transactions data rendered to CBN by Banks and other licensed payments service providers as well as public voting and surveys administered to industry stakeholders for transactions within the year under review.
Commenting on the award, Managing Director, Ecobank Nigeria, Patrick Akinwuntan stated that the award lends credence to the accuracy and integrity to “our electronic data and the proper rendition and compliance to the regulator’s standard. This also attests to Ecobank’s digital contributions and innovation in the Nigerian financial sector. We are using our digital strength to push financial inclusion in Nigeria. Our array of electronic products include the EcobankPay, Rapidtransfer, Omni-Lite”.
Further he reiterated that Ecobank is “excited to receive the NIBSS award for outstanding performance in Electronic Data Rendition, Compliance and Integrity. We are at the forefront of financial inclusion in Nigeria. Our digital offerings have simplified financial transaction processes and are safe, fast and reliable. There are testimonies on the efficiency of our products and we are happy that the regulators recognise our efforts”.
Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System Plc (NIBSS) is owned by all licensed banks including the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). It possesses modern world-class infrastructures for handling inter-bank payments to remove potential bottlenecks associated with inter-bank funds transfer and settlement. The company also operates the Nigeria Automated Clearing System (NACS) which facilitates the electronic clearing of cheques and other paper based instruments, electronic funds transfer, Automated Direct Credits and Automated Direct Debits.
Cossy Ojiakor’s Eternal Albatross…Xclusive Pix Of Her Sex-With-Dog Scandal By EnQuirerMAg
At last! Pro Joshua Iginla Acquires Multi-billion Naira Private Jet during Birthday celebration (VIDEO)
Ecobank Nigeria Celebrates ‘Africa Day’
Birthday Celebration: Prophet Joshua Iginla Dazzles Aged, Abandoned With Woman $2,000
Auchi Agog, As Apostle & Reverend Suleman Host ‘Int’l Holy Ghost Conference 2019’
Cover Of The Week
- Central African Republic: UN expert condemns deadly attacks, calls for greater civilian protection May 24, 2019
- Bachelet dismayed by Kenyan High Court Decision upholding criminal sanctions for same-sex relations May 24, 2019
- UNMISS hands over newly renovated police station to Aweil authorities (Emmaneul Kele) May 24, 2019
- UNMISS and partners aim to de-militarize civilian facilities; improve conditions for returns in Upper Nile May 24, 2019
- Africa Men and Women’s Sevens, the two tournaments serving as qualification events for the Games of the XXXII Olympiad, Tokyo 2020 May 24, 2019
- Juba forum explores ways to advance the status of women in South Sudan (Joshua Mmali) May 24, 2019
- Sri Lankan peacekeepers share time, meals and other gifts with patients at Bor hospital (Gideon Sackitey) May 24, 2019
- Democratic Republic Congo: ‘No time to lose’ says newly appointed UN Ebola response coordinator May 24, 2019
- U.S. Ambassador Sullivan Holds Iftar with Interfaith Community May 24, 2019
- Nigerian Displaced Communities Prepare for Rains as First Storms Raze Hundreds of Homes May 24, 2019
Uncategorized3 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips3 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Crime2 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business3 weeks ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank