…after one year prostitution in brothel said underage girl
By Ifeoma Ikem
The National Agency for Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP), has raided and closed down a popular bar called 24 Hours Bar which also operates a brothel in Rumukurushi, Port Harcourt.
The bar which has been found to harbour underage sex workers was uncovered after a couple found out that their 16-year-old daughter was working as a prostitute there.
Most young girls who were taken from their parents by family relatives or friends in the pretence of going to learn a trade, where found working as sex workers for a price ranging from ₦1000 to ₦2000 per customer.
On arrival,the underaged girls are given a room in the hotel by their new owners who are senior prostitutes and the underaged girls are also reportedly given a target to remit ₦15,000 daily to their “madams”.
At the end of one year of service to the madam, the underaged girls are settled by their madam with items such as a bag of rice, an android phone, a carton of tomatoes, and cash of ₦100, 000 to take back home.
The brothel has now been closed by NAPTIP with a warning sign “Closed by NAPTIP keep Off” written on the fence and gate.
Cover Of The Week
- Standard Chartered and Airtel Africa form partnership to drive financial inclusion across Africa August 13, 2020
- Coronavirus - Niger: Improving access to sustainable water, hygiene and sanitation services in Niger August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus: The African Women Leaders Network – a movement for the transformation of Africa August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Sierra Leone: COVID-19 update (12th August 2020) August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 Update 12 August 2020 August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: COVID-19 WHO Africa Update 12.08.2020 August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: The COVID-19 Nigeria situation report for 11th August, 2020 August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (12.08.2020) August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: The distribution of the cases by counties as of 12 August 2020 August 12, 2020
- Business Insider Africa now a standalone site with expanded coverage across Africa August 12, 2020
news5 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 months ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics3 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education2 months ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries