SEX FOR GRADE IS A SERIOUS ACT OF MISCONDUCT –YABATECH RECTOR.
SEX FOR GRADE IS A SERIOUS ACT OF MISCONDUCT –YABATECH RECTOR
By Ifeoma Ikem
The Anti-Corruption Transparency Unit of Yaba College of Technology (Yabatech-ACTU) held a one-day sensitization workshop for selected academic and non-academic staff of the College with the theme: Sex for Grade Syndrome. The workshop was in commemoration of International Anti-Corruption Day held on December 9 every year.
The Rector, Engr Obafemi Omokungbe who declared the workshop opened disclosed that the College has always and will continue to adhere to all anti-corruption principles as specified by Independent Corrupt Practices Commission (ICPC) and other Federal Government Agencies designated to fight corruption.
He noted that sex-for-grade is a serious act of misconduct and any staff of the College found to engage in it will be appropriately sanctione
The workshop attracted the presence of Japhet Ideani and Tope Egunjobi both from ICPC, Lagos office. Three staff of the College presented papers based on the theme. They were Dr A. M Olaseni, a former Deputy Rector(Academics) whose paper was titled, Integrity for Today and Tomorrow, Dr M. A Adebakin, a former Deputy Rector(Administration), his paper was on Morality in the Academia and Dr O. Adewoye, a Chief Lecturer in Dept of Mathematics, his presentation was titled Manifestation of Sexual Harassment in Tertiary Institutions.
In his opening remark, the Chairman of Yabatech-ACTU, Dr. Fred Fatuase expressed appreciation to Management for supporting ACTU activities in the College and for given the Unit a free hand to operate without hindrances.
Cover Of The Week
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Staff Completes Staff-Level Agreement on the Fifth Review of the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement for Somalia March 20, 2023
- President El-Sisi and the First Lady Attend Egyptian Women’s Day and the Ideal Mother’s Celebrations March 20, 2023
- United States: Release of 2022 Country Reports on Human Rights Practices March 20, 2023
- International Rescue Committee (IRC): 43,000 feared dead as drought continues to ravage Somalia March 20, 2023
- Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) to send an integrated mission to assess and validate technical humanitarian needs in Burkina Faso March 20, 2023
- Africa should invest in people-centered strategies to accelerate economic recovery March 20, 2023
- Startup Act: Côte d’Ivoire shifting up a gear March 20, 2023
- 14th Multidisciplinary Team Meeting of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Subregional Office for West Africa (SFW): Stakeholders agree to intensify activities to promote youth employment in agrifood systems in West Africa March 20, 2023
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Staff Reach Staff-Level Agreement on First Review of the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement with Guinea Bissau March 20, 2023
- As emissions targets fail, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) warns that least prepared communities on climate crisis frontlines will bear the most cost March 20, 2023
religion3 months ago
Amazing! Another TB Joshua’s prophecy concerning 2023 revealed!!!
Business1 month ago
Five Lagos Communities To Enjoy Solar Energy Soon
Politics4 months ago
Nigerians in the Diaspora will play a robust role in my administration – Tinubu
celebrity radar - gossips3 months ago
Intercontinental Prophet, Joshua Iginla Reveals God’s mind on Tinubu, Wike, Peter obi and others As he released 2023 prophecies