Shola Olabode is a UK based top rated merchant in the jewelry trade. In this interview, the Banking and Finance graduate of the Olabisi Onabanjo University bares her mind on the lucrative business, her lifestyle and other issues.
How did you start your business?
The business started because of my love and passion for fashion, especially fashionable jewelry. I was into the sale of 18carats Italian gold jewelry before and when I noticed the trend of Gold plated jewellery and how people wanted to get the same look for lesser price , I then decided to go into the Brazilian market to source for affordable and yet gorgeous pieces.
*What where the challenges you faced starting up? *
When I started the business, I faced quite a few setbacks as with any new business, the competition was there but I managed to stay up and relevant with my unique eye for master pieces and uncommon designs.
What are your focal points in business?
My major concentration is to always be a brand that is dependable, consistent, retain quality and encourage returning customers with affordable price and quality products
How was growing up like for you?
Growing up for me was loving and fun. I grew up in a home that you were trained from an early age on how to be self sufficient. I learnt to be an entrepreneur from age 17, combining that with education. My grandmother was my role model.
Any impact of your growing up on your lifestyle?
Enjoying the good things of life comes with a price. And I do like the finer things and I work hard for it. I will say my background has a lot to do with the way I’m able to balance all that I do.
Who are your target market?
My target market is every lady that likes quality over quantity and appreciates the hard work put into sourcing for every piece of jewelry we showcase.
What’s your beauty secret?
I make sure to eat healthy (fresh fruits and vegetables), nothing processed. Exercise keeps you young and gets you in a good mood. For me the best beauty secret I can share is to laugh and be positive.
What informs your dress sense?
I will describe my dress style as comfort and something in which I feel confident.
Why Ambrose Alli University Honored Prince Ned Nwoko
Musician are so much united those days,… Ebenezer Obey
UBA on a winning streak; Gets double recognition as best CSR Company in support of Education
UBA’s REDTV shuts down Lagos as over 25,000 Youths Attend Its Annual Rave
MR BIGG’S WINS “RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR” AWARD
Cover Of The Week
- Meeting with the management of the Zanzibar Police December 5, 2019
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs' Secretary-General Meets Libyan Official December 5, 2019
- Finland increases its support for the African Development Fund December 5, 2019
- Visit of Minister of Foreign Affairs and Guineans Abroad of Guinea to India December 5, 2019
- United States and Egypt Launch Center of Excellence for Energy at Ain Shams University December 5, 2019
- Nj Ayuk Makes Top 100 Most Influential Africans List December 5, 2019
- 2019 African Economic Conference: Work as one and listen to the youth to create jobs for Africa’s next generation, delegates urge policymakers December 5, 2019
- German Government Commits US$128 Million To Health And Education Programmes With the East African Community (EAC) Secretariat December 5, 2019
- Angola set to attract even more foreign direct investment (FDI) in 2020 December 5, 2019
- World food prices jump in November December 5, 2019
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews6 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports5 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .