Shola Olabode is a UK based top rated merchant in the jewelry trade. In this interview, the Banking and Finance graduate of the Olabisi Onabanjo University bares her mind on the lucrative business, her lifestyle and other issues.
How did you start your business?
The business started because of my love and passion for fashion, especially fashionable jewelry. I was into the sale of 18carats Italian gold jewelry before and when I noticed the trend of Gold plated jewellery and how people wanted to get the same look for lesser price , I then decided to go into the Brazilian market to source for affordable and yet gorgeous pieces.
*What where the challenges you faced starting up? *
When I started the business, I faced quite a few setbacks as with any new business, the competition was there but I managed to stay up and relevant with my unique eye for master pieces and uncommon designs.
What are your focal points in business?
My major concentration is to always be a brand that is dependable, consistent, retain quality and encourage returning customers with affordable price and quality products
How was growing up like for you?
Growing up for me was loving and fun. I grew up in a home that you were trained from an early age on how to be self sufficient. I learnt to be an entrepreneur from age 17, combining that with education. My grandmother was my role model.
Any impact of your growing up on your lifestyle?
Enjoying the good things of life comes with a price. And I do like the finer things and I work hard for it. I will say my background has a lot to do with the way I’m able to balance all that I do.
Who are your target market?
My target market is every lady that likes quality over quantity and appreciates the hard work put into sourcing for every piece of jewelry we showcase.
What’s your beauty secret?
I make sure to eat healthy (fresh fruits and vegetables), nothing processed. Exercise keeps you young and gets you in a good mood. For me the best beauty secret I can share is to laugh and be positive.
What informs your dress sense?
I will describe my dress style as comfort and something in which I feel confident.
Rainoil Lauds Hymnodia, Celebrates Season 1 Finalists in Grand Style
OBASEKI AND THE POLITICAL CHESS GAME IN EDO STATE
SOUTHWEST GOVERNORS MEET, SEEK SOLUTION TO SECURITY CHALLENGES
Imo leaders reject traditional ruler
“No matter how much we make my share is N8,000 since I joined the gang”-suspect Confesses
Cover Of The Week
- Minister Shahid sends Revolution Day greetings to Egypt July 23, 2019
- 30 Chadian Journalists Trained This Month, Topping 600 Trainees in West and Central Africa Since 2018 July 23, 2019
- Joint Statement: International Organization for Migration (IOM) Director General António Vitorino and UN High Commissioner for Refugees Filippo Grandi Welcome Consensus on Need for Action on Libya, Mediterranean July 23, 2019
- Amnesty International to hold its highest decision-making meeting in Johannesburg July 23, 2019
- FORBES WOMAN AFRICA Announces First Regional Forum in Rwanda July 23, 2019
- Merck Foundation launches first ‘Merck Foundation Health Media Training’ and Media and Fashion Awards in partnership with the First Lady of Malawi to break infertility stigma in the country July 23, 2019
- First Reception Centre for Victims of Trafficking Opens in Niger July 23, 2019
- UN peacekeeping in Mali boosted with addition of 250 UK troops July 23, 2019
- IOM Launches Quality Control Centre in Nairobi July 23, 2019
- Boko Haram conflict causing misery to millions 10 years on July 23, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized5 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business3 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime3 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others