My dad asked me to prioritize civil servants, pensioners, and teachers chip worthy says Abiodun
SaharaWeeklyNG Reports That Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun, on Wednesday broke silence on the passing of his father, Pa Emmanuel Abiodun, describing his demise as “painful and a great loss to him and his family”.
Abiodun, who disclosed this when he received Remo traditional rulers, members of Ijebu-Remo Unity Forum, Labour Union leaders, NANS leadership, and other prominent personalities during a condolence visit to his Family House in Iperu-Remo, equally said his late dad urged him to respect the civil servants, pay pensioners regularly and treat teachers well.
“When I assumed office, my dad told me to be faithful to the oath of office I took, he said I should respect the civil servants, pay them regularly and ensure that pensioners get their gratuities and all will be well.
“He also asked me to treat teachers well, you know that was his constituency, he told me to pay workers on time, before the last day of the month”, the governor said.
Abiodun further noted that his late father was a humble man who lived for his family and community.
He said he was completely broken when he received the news of the death of his father, stressing “my father lived for his family and community. We are a well-knitted family. I have always feared a day like this. My father was a humble man”.
Abiodun added: “I am greatly pained by his death, but slowly coming to terms with the fact that he is no more. He had a humble beginning, but a glorious end”.
The governor, however, urged the people of the state to live a humble life and serve humanity, the virtues which he said would leave a lasting legacy on the mind of the people after their demise.
Recounting his experience with his father while growing up, Abiodun said he never saw his father got angry, but would always discipline his children when they misbehaved.
“People say I am humble. Of course, I will be when my parents, especially, my father was very humble man. This is because of my upbringing. I learned to follow his lifestyle and footsteps,” he noted.
Earlier in his remarks, Akarigbo and Paramount Ruler of Remoland, Oba Babatunde Ajayi, said that late Pa Abiodun was an astute administrator and a great teacher who impacted positive values in the lives of younger ones.
He said the passing of the governor’s father must not be signposted with mourning, but the expression of joy for a life well spent, adding that “even at a very old age, his faculty was still intact”.
Speaking on behalf of Ijebu-Remo Unity Forum, Daudu Teslim, maintained that late Pa Abiodun was meticulous in his deeds, urged the governor whom he referred to as “a chip off the old block”, to take condolence in the fact his father lived a good life worthy of emulation.
Cover Of The Week
- Nearly 1 in 2 South African households is subscribed to SVOD September 21, 2021
- Recent political and community leaders retreat in Greater Pibor tackles issue of child marriages September 20, 2021
- Liberia: Ministry of Health, Consortium on Newborn Screening in Africa (CONSA) Launch Newborn Screening for Sickle Cell Disease In Liberia September 20, 2021
- Liberia: Ministry of Health, Liberia Board for Nursing and Midwifery (LBNM) Launch Digital Online Licensing Examinations System September 20, 2021
- Equatorial Guinea Secretary of State of Planning Will Lead a Strong Finance Delegation to African Energy Week in Cape Town September 20, 2021
- Prime Minister of Uganda Meets Ambassador of Qatar September 20, 2021
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 Statistics Daily Status Update (20 September 2021) September 20, 2021
- Coronavirus - South Africa: New COVID-19 Infections on a Downward Trend September 20, 2021
- The Visit of the Indonesian Consul General to Cape Town at The Cape Town Port for Life Skills Activities September 20, 2021
- Djibouti Signs its First Country Programme Framework (CPF) for 2022-2027 September 20, 2021
Fashion/Lifestyle5 months ago
How To Make a Girl Horny Fast – 9 Easy Tricks
Politics7 months ago
EKITI 2022:MAKING A CASE FOR A NEW FACE WITH NEW IDEAS IN STATE GOVERNANCE
celebrity radar - gossips7 months ago
Otunba Kehinde Oloyede is Bereaved!
Fashion/Lifestyle7 months ago
Rotary Recognizes exemplary youths across Nigeria