There was pandemonium at the Edo State House of Assembly yesterday
when thugs numbering about three hundred invaded the hallowed chamber
shooting sporadically and in the process six persons were seriously
Trouble started when Hon. Folly Ogedegbe the majority leader moved the
motion for impeachment of the speaker, Hon. Victor Edoror and the
Deputy Speaker, Hon. Bright Osayande.
The motion which was seconded by Hon. Gani Audu representing Etsako
West 1 reads in parts, “We the underlisted and undersigned Honourable
Members representing the various constituencies in the Edo State House
of Assembly have on this day 3rd of May 2016 have resolved to impeach
our speaker, Hon. Chief Victor Edoror Tiger and the Deputy Speaker
Hon. Osayande for acts of gross misconduct.
Speaker ex-tempo Hon. Patrick Iluobe was appointed to preside the
business of the day where the new speaker, Hon. Mrs. Elizabeth Ativie
representing Uhuwode was appointed and Dr. Joseph Okonoboh
representing Igueben was appointed as Deputy Speaker.
Immediately the new speaker was sworn in, the impeached speaker and
his deputy walked into the chamber in company of the thugs shooting
sporadically to scare people out of the chambers, in the process a lot
of peoples sustained various gun short.
Addressing journalists immediately after the fracas, the new speaker
Hon. Mrs. Ativie said the members can no longer tolerate the greedy
nature of the speaker.
She said the impeached speaker has up to six different financial cases
with the EFCC and the members cannot continue to allow such indecent
person to lead the House.
She therefore said that five member committee headed by Kabiru Adjoto
representing Akoko-Edo one will investigate the financial recklessness
of the impeached speaker from June 2015 till May 3rd.
She said if found wanting at the end of the three months when the
committee will submit their report he will be handed over to the
Also speaking, Hon. Adjoto Kabiru said the impeached speaker is
violently corrupt who have flair for eating government money just the
way the red mouth squirrel has mouth for palm kernel as it is eating
one, it is looking at another one that is how Edoror is.
“As it is today, Edoror has a lot of EFCC case hanging on his neck,
you media men can go and verify this we cannot afford to have a
speaker that is been investigated by the EFCC because of his corrupt
nature. As earlier mentioned by our new speaker, Edoror has a corrupt
tendency that cannot be mentioned by one, enough is enough, that is
while sixteen members of the house today signed impeachment notice
against him. As we speak today, both APC and PDP members in the House
signed impeachment notice against him”.
Sixteen members signed the impeachment notice that circulated to
journalists immediately after the house proceedings.
Cover Of The Week
- Innovative Smart Bag redefines menstruation management for refugee girls in Uganda February 26, 2021
- UNMISS helps restore calm and stability following recent violence in Koch February 26, 2021
- Schools football progress tops Benin agenda February 26, 2021
- WHO launches first Mass Casualty Management (MCM) training in Addis Ababa February 26, 2021
- Coronavirus - Ghana: COVID-19 patients on admission receive Dignity Kits from WHO February 26, 2021
- Coronavirus: Côte d'Ivoire becomes second African country and first French-speaking country to receive vaccine doses via COVAX Facility February 26, 2021
- UNHCR seeks US$164 million for displaced Central Africans February 26, 2021
- Coronavirus - Uganda: COVID-19 update (25 February 2021) February 26, 2021
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: COVID-19 update (25 February 2021) February 26, 2021
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 update (25 February 2021) February 26, 2021
Politics3 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro6 months ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports6 months ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi