Access Bank Plc has upgraded its customer service function, Ombudsman, to resolve service issues between the financial institution and its customers.
The bank explained that the move was consistent with its reputation for adopting best practices in all facets of its operations.
The Ombudsman is an Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR) platform wherein an aggrieved customer of the Bank may lodge complaints or grievances over the telephone to the Ombudsman and get an amicable and final resolution of the complaint within the shortest possible time.
Access Bank stated that it established the Ombudsman desk to boost its dispute resolution mechanism.
However, it explained that the bank has reviewed the function of the Ombudsman to include immediate resolution of customer’s complaints alongside the primary function which are Arbitrationand other ADR mechanisms such as Conciliation and Mediation.
A statement from the bank indicated that the aim and objective of the Ombudsman initiative was to resolve all customer complaints and issues on the same day irrespective of where the complaint is issued from or the officer responsible for resolution.
“The primary function of the bank’s Ombudsman will be to investigate and resolve customer complaints relating to credit issues and broader service issues. The additional focus will be on immediate resolution of customers’ complaints with the Ombudsman being empowered to directly engage customers and ensure complaints are attended to immediately.
“It is noteworthy that Access Bank was the first Nigerian bank that independently and voluntarily implemented a robust customer complaints resolution mechanism designed specifically to mediate fair settlement between the Bank and its customers.
“This strategy emphasised the customer-centric culture of Access Bank and promote one of its focus on treating customers fairly. This pioneering initiative by Access Bank represents another contribution by the bank towards the elevation of practices within the Nigerian financial services industry,” it added.
VAT HIKE WILL IMPOVERISH NIGERIANS – TAKE IT BACK MOVEMENT SPEAKS OUT AGAINST FG’S DECISION TO PUNISH NIGERIANS WITH POVERTY
Ubi Franklin’s Shocker : I Have Photos Of All The Married Women Iyanya Slept With
GTBank Builds Nigeria’s First Digital Play Centre for Children
CBN Applauds Ecobank’s Sustainability Efforts
Odumakin Bombs Opadokun
Cover Of The Week
- Mozambique: “Tens of thousands of families have lost everything” March 22, 2019
- International Organization for Migration (IOM) responds to devastating Cyclone Idai with shelter materials and more March 22, 2019
- Humanitarian Border Management Between Burundi, Tanzania Bolstered by Technology March 22, 2019
- African Policymakers Highlight Opportunities of National Climate Plans March 22, 2019
- Access to safe water for all is key to sustainable development March 22, 2019
- UK aid Cyclone Idai response - additional flight to leave for Mozambique March 22, 2019
- Private Sector Joins IOM to Enhance Skills of Gambian Returnees March 22, 2019
- Policy, Trade and the Private Sector in the Digital Era to dominate debate as Conference of African Ministers kicks off in Marrakesh March 22, 2019
- Marriott Hotels brings TED Fellows Salon to the mother city inspiring “Vibrant Innovation” March 22, 2019
- Merck Foundation meets the President and the First Lady of Burundi to launch their programs in the country March 22, 2019
Uncategorized1 month ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips2 weeks ago
Sir Adebutu Kensington distances self from son’s APM move
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
‘I haven’t decamped to APC’ – Titi Oseni debunks rumours