In recognition of its exploits and outstanding success in Corporate Social Responsibility and Business Sustainability, Access Bank Plc. emerged the biggest winner with four awards, including the most responsible business in Africa at the annual SERAS CSR Awards.
Access Bank also won other categories such as the Best Partnership for Development, Best Corporate Communications Team and Sustainability Practitioner of the Year, which was presented to Omobolanle Victor-Laniyan, the Bank’s Head of Sustainability.
Receiving the award, Executive Director, Personal Banking, Victor Etuokwu, stated that it would further fuel the Bank’s passion to do more in sustainability, noting that “At Access Bank, we have stayed committed to ensuring that we place priority on not just being a profitable venture but also one that is deeply concerned about the planet and the people and this award is a testament to how well we have come.”
Victor-Laniyan, while corroborating Etuokwu, expressed appreciation for the awards, noting that the Bank is focused on mainstreaming sustainable business practices into its operations.
She said, “We are very grateful for such an honour accorded to the Bank and particularly proud of the work that we are doing. However, we choose to see this award as a challenge to do more and we will continue to make sure that we push the boundaries of the practice of sustainability to the best of our ability and for the benefit of our planet and the people’’.
Ken Egbas, Founder, SERAS CSR Awards, explained that the selection was painstakingly made by members of the jury. He described it as an indication that the winner, Access Bank is doing something right and highlighted the same passion with which they launched the projects on sustainability.
The Bank recently organised a weeklong activity at its branches globally in celebration of the remarkable achievements recorded since 2008.
WED Show the largest wedding event of 2019 confirmed to hold at the Federal Palace Hotel
Obasanjo, experts meet on Population in Africa
Dbanj gifts producer multi-million naira brand new Range Rover SUV
‘We have raised over N1Million for Baba suwe’s treatment’ – Yomi Fabiyi
‘President Buhari’s death punishment for ballot snatchers is constitutional’ – Festus Keyamo
Cover Of The Week
- USD $1.5 million results-based grants for solar home system companies launched in Malawi to increase energy access February 20, 2019
- Visit of Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs David Hale to Cote d’Ivoire February 20, 2019
- Joint Statement on Escalating Conflict in South Sudan February 20, 2019
- Urgent support needed to respond to Humanitarian Needs in Cameroon February 20, 2019
- Invitation to a press conference with Said Djinnit, UN Special Envoy for the Great Lakes region February 20, 2019
- Secretary-General appoints Major General Zia Ur Rehman of Pakistan as Force Commander of the United Nations Mission for the Referendum in Western Sahara February 20, 2019
- Climate research should inform development policies in Africa February 20, 2019
- Promoting cooperation on women, peace and security at country level and in multilateral organizations February 20, 2019
- Marriott Bonvoy kicks off Global Marketing Campaign to introduce New Travel Program February 20, 2019
- Annual Africa Shared Value Summit to be held in Nairobi February 20, 2019
Uncategorized5 days ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips1 week ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips5 days ago
How Prophet TB Joshua prophesied election postponement.
Uncategorized5 days ago
Finally, INEC Postpones 2019 election till Feb. 23