COURT ACTION FOR FEDERAL INLAND REVENUE SERVICE (FIRS) TO PRODUCE 2015 AND 2016 TAX RECEIPTS OF ALHAJI ATIKU ABUBAKAR
Sequel to the request of the Committee for the Protection of Peoples Mandate (CPPM) dated Friday, November 16, 2018 and addressed to the Executive Chairman, Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), Abuja made under Section 1(1) and (2) and Section 4(A) of the Freedom of Information Act with regards to the 2015 and 2016 Tax Receipts of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.
The Committee for the Protection of Peoples Mandate (CPPM) today Thursday, November 29, 2018, consequent upon the failure of FIRS to accede to our demands instituted within the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act within seven working days from the date of receipt of our request, approached the Federal High Court Abuja for an Order of Mandamus compelling FIRS to make available either directly to the Applicants or through the Courts, copies of the 2015 and 2016 Tax Receipts of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.
From our private investigation, it has come to our knowledge that Alhaji Atiku Abubakar may not have been paying his personal income taxes AS AT WHEN DUE. We wonder how he intends to get Nigeria working again if he has been a tax dodger.
We have instituted this court action for the purpose of enlightening Nigerians about the electoral process as well as campaigning for the accountability of public office holders and aspirants.
WED Show the largest wedding event of 2019 confirmed to hold at the Federal Palace Hotel
Obasanjo, experts meet on Population in Africa
Dbanj gifts producer multi-million naira brand new Range Rover SUV
‘We have raised over N1Million for Baba suwe’s treatment’ – Yomi Fabiyi
‘President Buhari’s death punishment for ballot snatchers is constitutional’ – Festus Keyamo
Cover Of The Week
- USD $1.5 million results-based grants for solar home system companies launched in Malawi to increase energy access February 20, 2019
- Visit of Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs David Hale to Cote d’Ivoire February 20, 2019
- Joint Statement on Escalating Conflict in South Sudan February 20, 2019
- Urgent support needed to respond to Humanitarian Needs in Cameroon February 20, 2019
- Invitation to a press conference with Said Djinnit, UN Special Envoy for the Great Lakes region February 20, 2019
- Secretary-General appoints Major General Zia Ur Rehman of Pakistan as Force Commander of the United Nations Mission for the Referendum in Western Sahara February 20, 2019
- Climate research should inform development policies in Africa February 20, 2019
- Promoting cooperation on women, peace and security at country level and in multilateral organizations February 20, 2019
- Marriott Bonvoy kicks off Global Marketing Campaign to introduce New Travel Program February 20, 2019
- Annual Africa Shared Value Summit to be held in Nairobi February 20, 2019
Uncategorized5 days ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips1 week ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips5 days ago
How Prophet TB Joshua prophesied election postponement.
Uncategorized5 days ago
Finally, INEC Postpones 2019 election till Feb. 23