Nollywood has seen a high turnout of cinema movies in recent times but almost none is focused on the child and telling her story. That is about to change with new Nollywood movie, Street Kid which recently concluded production and is getting ready to hit the cinemas soon.
The movie tells the story of a street kid who was forced to drop out of school to sell on the street and how he helped a rich kid to win a national spelling competition in our Nigerian indigenous languages.
The ‘Street Kid’ is a film that projects the “Ooni of Ife National Schools Spelling Competition in Nigerian Indigenous Language” and helps promote the preservation of our indigenous languages and cultures.
The stars of the movie cut across both the English genre and Yoruba genre, with the excellent likes of Chioma Akpotha, Kalu Ikeagwu, Toyin Abraham, Jibola Dabo, Rachel Oniga, Patrick Doyle, Femi Durojaiye and others. The movie was directed by Tony Dudu, produced by Wale Muraina and Executive Produced by Dickson Edward.
The movie is gearing up to be in cinemas nationwide soon.
Yike releases new single ‘Holy Water’
8 trailer load of rice, 23 vehicles, others intercepted by Seme command
Video: Police arrest Don Jazzy’s boys DNA twins in Lekki
Photos Of New Boeing 777-300 Aircraft ‘Anuli Peggy Onyema’ Acquired By Air Peace
ChinneyLove Eze Hosts Celebrities to Pre-Release Party of ‘Hire A Woman’ Movie (Exclusive Pictures)
Cover Of The Week
- Dr Jackie King wins prestigious Stockholm Water Prize March 21, 2019
- African countries can do better with improved fiscal policy, says Songwe March 21, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Executive Board Completes the Last Review of Extended Credit Facility for Ghana March 21, 2019
- Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities reviews the Report of Senegal March 21, 2019
- WHO sending urgent health assistance after Cyclone Idai displaces thousands of people in Southern Africa March 20, 2019
- Africa Climate Week Signals Continent’s Huge Investment Opportunity March 20, 2019
- Cyclone Idai: UN allocates $20 million in emergency funding, as full extent of disaster continues to emerge March 20, 2019
- FAO and Ministry of Agriculture Formulating Future Scenarios 2050 of Livestock Production Systems March 20, 2019
- UK to provide extra £12 million in UK aid for survivors of Cyclone Idai March 20, 2019
- South Sudan’s Ministry of Petroleum Encourages Refiners and Traders to Take Part in Upcoming Crude Tenders March 20, 2019
Uncategorized1 month ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips2 weeks ago
Sir Adebutu Kensington distances self from son’s APM move
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
‘I haven’t decamped to APC’ – Titi Oseni debunks rumours