Comic actor, John Okafor, popularly known as Mr Ibu has debunked trending social media reports that he is down with stroke.
The new media was awash on Thursday, April 4th, 2019 with reports that the 57-year-old iconic actor was hit by a mysterious stroke shortly after he returned from a trip to Owerri, Imo State.
The President of the Actors Guild of Nigeria, Emeka Rollas, was even quoted as saying that “the actor was fast recovering”.
The sad news generated deep concerns from industry watchers, especially fans of the actor, calling for prayers and support for him.
However, in a latest video published on his Instagram Page, Mr Ibu, who is seen “loving up with his wife”, flayed the stroke report, saying he has handed those peddling the rumour to God.
He said: “Oh God! People are saying that I have stroke, that I am down with stroke. Why?
“How can you announce somebody’s sickness and you have many, you don’t even announce one.
“I don’t have any stroke please. This is my wife, my humble wife. Well, we hand over everything to God.
“I have been receiving calls from across the world, and I don’t know who is spreading this false news about me. I don’t know what they are saying. Na their papa get stroke.”
UBA Rewards 20 more Customers with N30m in Wise Savers Promo
Oba Olateru-Olagbegi: A patriot and astute custodian of cultural and traditional values – Obasanjo
Easter: Sanwo-Olu greets Christians, preaches love, selflessness
Breaking: Snakes chase Liberian President ‘George Weah’ away from his office
Ugandan Couple Arrested For Screaming During Sex, Land In Court
Cover Of The Week
- Madagascar beat Zim to earn Barthes Cup Promotion April 20, 2019
- Ethiopia Appoints New Defense and Foreign Ministers April 19, 2019
- Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on the death of Major General Francis Vib-Sanziri of Ghana, Head of Mission and Force Commander of the United Nations Disengagement Observation Force April 19, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Executive Board Approves US$118.2 Million Rapid Credit Facility Assistance to the Republic of Mozambique in the Wake of Cyclone Idai April 19, 2019
- More than 3,400 classrooms damaged or destroyed by Cyclone Idai in Mozambique, says UN Children’s Fund April 19, 2019
- Attack on International Rescue Committee (IRC) supported hospital in DRC leads to loss of life; IRC Ebola responders caught in violence April 19, 2019
- EU endeavours to bridge people through art April 19, 2019
- EURAFRICAN FORUM 2019: António Vitorino, Director General for the International Organization for Migrations – UN Migration Agency (IOM) confirmed to address about the migration dialogue between Europe and Africa April 19, 2019
- Rugby - Zambia: Bhubesi Pride Tours Zambia April 19, 2019
- Media Invitation To Group B U20 Barthés Cup Press Conference April 19, 2019
Uncategorized2 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Crime1 week ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Sir Adebutu Kensington distances self from son’s APM move