Veteran actor, Alhaji Abdulsalam Sanyaolu a.k.a Charles Olumo Agbako is a well-known Yoruba actor. He got into Acting 62 years ago. The veteran actor who recently clocked 90 years old had an interview with City People where he spoke about his life at 90 and his acting career.
How did your journey into acting start?
Acting started when I was still in school, immediately after school I was already engaged in auto mechanic. I acted for the first time in a friend’s church drama, The Apostolic Church in Mushin, after the play people thought I was the head of the drama group then many churches started inviting me to train their drama groups and that was how the journey commenced.
How did you get your nick name Agbako?
I personally choose the nick name, after been told by the director of a particular movie I was working on at that time to choose a nick name that would stick in people’s mind.
What happened to your mechanic job?
I abandoned it, I was content on been famous, and I joined acting for fame not for money
What were your parent’s reaction when you decided to be an actor?
They weren’t pleased with the idea. I was stubborn and adamant. There was a time I received an information that my father was dead and I was needed in the village, on getting there I saw my father outside and when I moved closer to him, he took me inside and I felt he spoke to me with charms so that I can lose interest in acting. I was quietly with him for 4 days before I ran away again.
Did you lose interest after the charms used?
The charms didn’t work because acting is what I developed special interest in, it was already in my blood and vein.
How where you able to pay your bills, since acting wasn’t lucrative then?
I didn’t mind my standard of living then. I ate whatever I saw
What’s the different between Agbako and Alhaji Abdulsalam?
Agbako is that bad man you see on your TV screen and Alhaji Abdulsalam is a humble, truthful and trust worthy man.
Why haven’t you been featuring in movie recently?
That is due to my old age but I am still very much into acting. I can no longer jump from one place to another especially from a tree. I don’t have the strength again. Presently I have a job that is coming out soon.
What do you think people don’t know about you?
Many don’t know am a Muslim. Am an Alhaji.
How does it feel to be 90?
There are lots of differences when I was young and now. Things I use to do that looks like I was using Africa charms which was never the case, I wouldn’t be able to do them again.
WED Show the largest wedding event of 2019 confirmed to hold at the Federal Palace Hotel
Obasanjo, experts meet on Population in Africa
Dbanj gifts producer multi-million naira brand new Range Rover SUV
‘We have raised over N1Million for Baba suwe’s treatment’ – Yomi Fabiyi
‘President Buhari’s death punishment for ballot snatchers is constitutional’ – Festus Keyamo
Cover Of The Week
- USD $1.5 million results-based grants for solar home system companies launched in Malawi to increase energy access February 20, 2019
- Visit of Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs David Hale to Cote d’Ivoire February 20, 2019
- Joint Statement on Escalating Conflict in South Sudan February 20, 2019
- Urgent support needed to respond to Humanitarian Needs in Cameroon February 20, 2019
- Invitation to a press conference with Said Djinnit, UN Special Envoy for the Great Lakes region February 20, 2019
- Secretary-General appoints Major General Zia Ur Rehman of Pakistan as Force Commander of the United Nations Mission for the Referendum in Western Sahara February 20, 2019
- Climate research should inform development policies in Africa February 20, 2019
- Promoting cooperation on women, peace and security at country level and in multilateral organizations February 20, 2019
- Marriott Bonvoy kicks off Global Marketing Campaign to introduce New Travel Program February 20, 2019
- Annual Africa Shared Value Summit to be held in Nairobi February 20, 2019
Uncategorized5 days ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips1 week ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips5 days ago
How Prophet TB Joshua prophesied election postponement.
Uncategorized5 days ago
Finally, INEC Postpones 2019 election till Feb. 23