The Managing Director of Lagos State Signage and Advertisement Agency (LASAA), Mobolaji Sanusi, says the removal of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate’s Jimi Agbaje posters on third mainland bridge is not politically motivated.
According to him, some of the installations of the A-frame posters by the PDP candidate contravene the LASAA guidelines.
LASAA boss said this on Wednesday during a security and stakeholders meeting with the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and political parties summoned by the Lagos Commissioner of Police, Imohimi Edgal.
He explained further that the agency has guidelines but many political candidates are flouting the rules. He recommended that politicians should play by the rules and make an official request to the agency before deploying their A-frame posters and billboards.
Sanusi added that the agency usually cleans up the state on weekly basis to remove any poster or billboards mounted illegally across the state.
The police boss in response advised all participants and political candidates to always engage the agency before pasting and mounting billboards.
The reaction of the government-owned advertising agency comes few days after PDP governorship candidate, Agbaje, raised the alarm that the party’s campaign billboards had been vandalised.
Agbaje in a tweet on his official handle described the act as tyranny, adding, however, that the party refuses to be oppressed or pushed into a corner.
He also claimed that some of the party’s deployment staff had been threatened and warned to desist from doing their job.
WED Show the largest wedding event of 2019 confirmed to hold at the Federal Palace Hotel
Obasanjo, experts meet on Population in Africa
Dbanj gifts producer multi-million naira brand new Range Rover SUV
‘We have raised over N1Million for Baba suwe’s treatment’ – Yomi Fabiyi
‘President Buhari’s death punishment for ballot snatchers is constitutional’ – Festus Keyamo
Cover Of The Week
- USD $1.5 million results-based grants for solar home system companies launched in Malawi to increase energy access February 20, 2019
- Visit of Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs David Hale to Cote d’Ivoire February 20, 2019
- Joint Statement on Escalating Conflict in South Sudan February 20, 2019
- Urgent support needed to respond to Humanitarian Needs in Cameroon February 20, 2019
- Invitation to a press conference with Said Djinnit, UN Special Envoy for the Great Lakes region February 20, 2019
- Secretary-General appoints Major General Zia Ur Rehman of Pakistan as Force Commander of the United Nations Mission for the Referendum in Western Sahara February 20, 2019
- Climate research should inform development policies in Africa February 20, 2019
- Promoting cooperation on women, peace and security at country level and in multilateral organizations February 20, 2019
- Marriott Bonvoy kicks off Global Marketing Campaign to introduce New Travel Program February 20, 2019
- Annual Africa Shared Value Summit to be held in Nairobi February 20, 2019
Uncategorized5 days ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips1 week ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips5 days ago
How Prophet TB Joshua prophesied election postponement.
Uncategorized5 days ago
Finally, INEC Postpones 2019 election till Feb. 23