Contrary to reports making the rounds especially on the new media for weeks that the Managing Director/CEO of Unity Bank Plc, Henry James Semenitari was forced to proceed on compulsory leave or sacked owing to boardroom squabbles and fraud among others, investigation has revealed that Semenitari was never fired nor suspended.
Investigations revealed that the former Unity Bank GMD resigned his appointment after 18 months at the helms of affair of bank to pursue other endeavours.
Semenitari would be remembered for his giant strides in repositioning Unity Bank in the short period, which has put the Bank on the track of steady growth and operational efficiency.
He successfully pulled Unity Bank from a financial loss position of N33 billion as at December 2013, which the bank inherited, to a profit before tax of N13.6 billion as at December 2014 financial year, being his first year of management.
During his tenure, the bank’s active customer base increased from less than 100,000 to over 800,000 accounts.
By the end of June 2015 financial year, the bank’s gross earnings rose to N33.56 billion against N30.85 billion last year, while profit was N7.89 billion in 2015 compared with N7.10 billion the same period of the corresponding year (HY) 2014.
Today, Unity Bank’s total assets have increased by 3.90 percent to stand at N429.66 billion compared with N413.30 billion in 2014.
Progress photographs for palliative works along Itoikin-Ibefun-Ijebu Ode Road, Ogun State
4 police officers arrested over extrajudicial killing in Lagos
ALOGBA STEPS IN AS LAGOS’ 17TH CHIEF JUDGE, PLEDGES ‘SMART JUDICIARY’
OGSG DISTRIBUTES RELIEF MATERIALS TO FLOOD VICTIMS
Meet Thriving gospel artiste, Psalmist Grace Oluwadiya
Cover Of The Week
- The Uganda Rugby Cranes coach today named the team that will take on Zimbabwe on 24th August in Harare August 21, 2019
- United States of America Supports Ghana’s Fisheries and Coastal Environment Development Agenda August 21, 2019
- As risks of outbreaks grow, African health ministers agree to new response strategy August 21, 2019
- Africa today heads into the last mile to be free of wild polio August 21, 2019
- New CNPC Discovery Confirms South Sudan’s Immense Oil Potential August 21, 2019
- Rugby: Zimbabwe Sables Ready To Host Cranes August 21, 2019
- American Film “The Money Stone” makes its Africa premiere at Black Star International Film Festival August 21, 2019
- New Permanent Representative of South Africa presents Credentials August 21, 2019
- African Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) to attract $103 Billion in 2019 August 21, 2019
- Ambassador of Belarus Sergei Rachkov met with the Minister of State for Military Production of Egypt August 21, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime4 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others