Following the unrelentless efforts of the State Government towards ensuring the Speedy Completion of the Ijebu-Ode-Itamapako-Epe road, contractors have confirmed that the State of the road has reached 65% Completion Stage.
In an interaction with newsmen, the Project Manager, Craneburg Construction, Engr. Amine Tawk disclosed that barring any unforeseen circumstances, the road will soon be completed as it is presently 65% ready for use, adding that when completed, not less than 30 communities stand to benefit from the economic proceeds of the road.
It will be recalled that the State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun during one of the inspection tours of roads across the State pledged that the 14.7km Ijebu-Ode-Epe road would be commissioned in the second half of 2021.
In his reaction,the Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Engr. Ade Akinsanya pointed out that the move to construct the road was borne out of the desire to stimulate economic activities, secure and create safe environment for business to thrive, as well as improve the quality of life of the people.
He added that the road when completed in the second quarter of the year would enhance accessibility to different communities along the area and reduce the burden of vehicle maintenance.
Cover Of The Week
- Africa Oil & Power officially opens Mozambique Workshops, celebrates International Women’s Day March 8, 2021
- Sonangol celebrates 45 Years in Service of Angola (By Charné Hundermark) March 8, 2021
- Canada World Youth and Africa Skills Hub partner to introduce Women’s Entrepreneurship and Livelihood Initiative (WELI) March 8, 2021
- USD 35-billion per year is needed to tackle Africa’s water crisis; South African firm Khato Civils announces African expansion and calls for AfCFTA to be the catalyst to build Africa’s water infrastructure March 8, 2021
- The Africa Digital Inclusion Facility approves grants worth $1.3 million for two research efforts to enhance women’s digital access to loans and micro-insurance March 8, 2021
- The African Energy Chamber to host Virtual Book Launch for its first ever advisory board book March 8, 2021
- NBA and Basketball Africa League launch Gender Equality Initiatives in Africa March 8, 2021
- Energy Sector stands with Equatorial Guinea as explosions decimate in residential areas March 8, 2021
- Oil and Gas sector welcomes merger of South Africa’s iGas, PetroSA and Strategic Fuel Fund March 8, 2021
- Gaerne and Team Qhubeka ASSOS reunite partnership March 8, 2021
Politics3 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro6 months ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports6 months ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi