Connect with us

Crime

20 YR OLD MAN RAPES & IMPREGNATES 13 YR OLD GIRL, OFFERS TO MARRY HER

Published

on

RAPE

20 YR OLD MAN RAPES & IMPREGNATES 13 YR OLD GIRL, OFFERS TO MARRY HER

RAPE

A 20-year old man, Haruna Mohammed, has landed in trouble after he allegedly raped a 13-year old girl, got her Impregnated and offered to get married to her in order to cover the crime.

However, his action angered the girl’s parents, who got him arrested for defilement over the conduct, which seemed to have ruined the girl’s immediate educational pursuit.

 

 

The incident happened at Laying Kaji, Lafia, Nasarawa State, where they reside.

The suspect, Mohammed has been arrested by the Nasarawa State Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) for defiling and impregnating the girl and he is said to be undergoing interrogation over the dastardly act.

 

 

He was said to have lured the victim, forcefully engaged her in sex and in the process, the girl became pregnant. And when her parents asked to know who was responsible, she mentioned Mohammed and narrated how he raped her.

This was disclosed by the Public Relations Officer of the Command, DSC Jerry Victor, while parading the suspect at the State Headquarters of the corps in Lafia on Thursday, September 29, 2022.

 

 

“The Command arrested a 20-year old, Haruna Mohammed, for raping, defiling and impregnating the victim. He has confessed to have committed the act and promised to get married to the underaged girl.

However, DSC Victor stated that the suspect committed a serious offence, which he is liable for and will be charged before the Court of competent jurisdiction for prosecution.

 

 

Meanwhile, the State Commandant, Abbas Bappa Muhammed, has called on parents and guardians to be vigilant about their children and wards to avoid such similar incident in the future.

The suspect risks several years of imprisonment if he is tried and found guilty before the Court for the alleged offence but that will be after the conclusion of investigations by the Police.

Crime

Drug deal: NDLEA freezes N20bn in Mallinson Ukatu’s 103 bank accounts

Published

on

Drug deal: NDLEA freezes N20bn in Mallinson Ukatu’s 103 bank accounts

Mallinson Ukatu

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has seized N20bn lodged in 103 bank accounts belonging to Mallinson Ukatu, a Lagos socialite and businessman, who is being held in Ikoyi Custodial Centre for drug dealing.

The anti narcotics agency also filed 23-count charges against the socialite and his six companies: Fruitroprics Industries Limited, Mallinson and Partners Limited, NISPO Porcelain Company Limited, MBL Multi-links Services Limited, NISPO Oil and Gas Limited and Urban Space Services Limited- before the Federal High Court, Abuja.

 

 

The charges dated August 4, 2022, were signed by the Director, Prosecution and Legal Services, J. Sunday, J. Obi, Bridget Viasimah, J. Aernan and the Prosecuting Counsel, Mike Kassa, on behalf of the Attorney-General of the Federation.

The drug agency had earlier obtained an interim seizure of 25 properties belonging to Ukatu who was arrested for allegedly importing tramadol valued at N3bn into the country.

 

 

 

The billionaire was said to have used Fruitropics Industries Limited’s United Bank for Africa account no. 1006588563 to illegally convert N123.8m which is deemed to be proceeds of an unlawful act, contrary to section 15(2)(b) and punishable under section 15(3) and (4) of the Money Laundering Prohibition Act, 2011 (as amended).

The first defendant was also alleged to have, between January 1, 2018 and September 23, 2021, used Mallinson and Partners Limited’s UBA account no. 1001228653 to convert N1.447bn which was a proceed of crime in violation of the Money Laundering Prohibition Act, 2011 (as amended).

 

 

 

Count six read, “That you, Ukatu Mallinson, male, adult and Mallinson & Partners Limited, a corporate body registered in Nigeria, between July 25, 2017 and October 14, 2021 in Nigeria, within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court using Mallinson & Partners Limited’s Access Bank account no. 0004974284 converted the sum of $347, 755 knowingly or reasonably ought to have known to be proceeds of an unlawful act and thereby committed an offence contrary to section 15(2)(b) and punishable under section 15(3) and (4) of the Money Laundering Prohibition Act, 2011 (as amended).”

The drug agency further accused the businessman of using Multi-Links Service Limited’s Access Bank account no. 0720857089 to convert N52.4m between January 1, 2017 and October 14, 2021.

 

 

 

Count 13 read, “That you, Ukatu Mallinson, male, adult and Mallinson & Partners Limited, a corporate body registered in Nigeria, between January 2, 2019 and October 14, 2021 in Nigeria, within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court using Mallinson & Partners Limited’s Access Bank Plc account no. 0006750241 converted the sum of N10.875bn knowingly or reasonably ought to have known to be proceeds of an unlawful act and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 15(2)(b) and punishable under Section 15(3) and (4) of the Money Laundering Prohibition Act, 2011 (as amended).’’

The accused was also said to have between January 7, 2018 and October 14, 2021, used Access Bank Plc’s account no. 0006744778 operated by Mallinson and Partners to convert N7.201bn, contrary to the money laundering laws.

 

 

 

The FG also complained that the first defendant laundered $643, 024.67 using Access Bank’s account no. 0021354930 belonging to Mallinson and Partners Limited.

This allegedly occurred between February 6, 2019 and October 14, 2021.

 

 

The businessman was also alleged to have laundered $260, 268.25 in Access Bank Plc’s account no. 0076058733 belonging to NISPO Porcelain Company Limited between January 1, 2017 and October 14, 2021.

The prosecutor further revealed that Ukatu laundered N895.6m 727.49 in Access Bank’s account no. 0053720969 operated by Mallinson & Partners Limited between January 2, 2019 and October 14, 2021.

Continue Reading

Crime

Father breaks arm 2-month-old son’s for allegedly disturbing his sleep

Published

on

breaks arm

Father breaks arm 2-month-old son’s for allegedly disturbing his sleep

breaks arm

The National Human Right Commission (NHRC) and the Nigeria Association of Women Journalists (NAWOJ), Imo State chapter have called on the Imo State Government and the Nigeria Police Force to immediately arrest and prosecute one Mr Confidence Amatobi, for allegedly assaulting his 2-month-old baby, Miracle.

Mr Amatobi was said to have assaulted little Miracle with a plastic hanger and broke the baby’s arm for disturbing his sleep.
The incident led to the amputation of the fractured arm at the Pediatrics ward of the Federal Medical Centre, FMC Owerri.

 

 

NAWOJ, NHRC and the aggrieved mother of baby Miracle, made the call for justice in Owerri the Imo State Capital.

Imo State Chairperson of NAWOJ, Dr Dorothy Nnaji who spoke to newsmen after visiting the amputated boy at the Federal Medical Centre (FMC) Owerri, confirmed that the injury inflicted by the 31-year-old father, a native of Amurie in Isu LGA of the state, led to the amputation of the little boy’s right hand.

 

 

Mrs Nnaji who frowned at the dastardly cruel act of Mr Amatobi expressed shock that a father could assault his innocent child simply because he was crying and disturbing his sleep.
She disclosed that Mr Amatobi was reported to have repeatedly hit the baby with a plastic hanger to stop him from crying until the right hand broke.
“The perpetrator, Mr. Confidence Amatobi, who hails from Amurie in Isu L.G.A used a plastic hanger on the baby, simply because he was crying that the 20-year-old mother left to ease herself. He used wood and elastic bands to tie the baby’s hand when he saw that hand was broken and swollen,” Mrs Nnaji said.
“He locked the mother and baby to prevent her from talking to neighbours or seeking help. He also took her phone from her. After two days she found her way out and sought help from her neighbours.

The guy was arrested by a vigilante but he escaped. By the time help came, the baby’s hand was already decayed. The only option was to cut off baby Miracle’s right hand from shoulder,”

Continue Reading

Crime

Abba Kyari Submits Application To Strike Out Cocaine Trafficking Charges

Published

on

Abba Kyari

Abba Kyari Submits Application To Strike Out Cocaine Trafficking Charges

Abba Kyari

Suspended Deputy Commissioner of Police, Abba Kyari, has filed a fresh application asking court to strike out the drug trafficking charges against him by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA).

Kyari’s legal team led by Ikpeazu Ikpeazu (SAN) in the motion on notice seeking to strike out the charges, argued that the alleged offence charged against Kyari was committed during a police investigation and the Police Service Commission (PSC) has the authority to discipline the offenders.

 

 

Ikpeazu further argued that the five-count charge is similar or related to allegations previously made by the applicants’ Police Service Commission in respect of disciplinary action against police officers and it was for the same subject matter and for the same period.

The motion read, “This charge against the applicants’ affected the completion of this constitutional procedure.

 

 

 

“The application adds that the internal disciplinary action of the Police Service Commission provided by the Constitution against Abba Kyari and other applicants is a condition precedent before they can be charged by any other security agent/agency.

“The disciplinary action by the Police Service Commission commenced earnestly and timely. The applicants had previously answered a query issued to them by the police authority before the charge herein was filed against the applicants.

 

 

 

“I know as a fact that the Police Service Commission has through the office of the IGP commenced the disciplinary procedure against the applicants and other defendants prior to the institution of this charge

“Without subjecting the applicants to the police disciplinary procedures that are constitutionally set down, the applicants are charged before the federal high court with counts 1, 2, 3, 4, and 8 under the NDLEA act and alleged to have committed the offenses in the course of the performance of their duties as police officers.

 

 

 

“Failure of the complainant herein to await the disciplinary action against the applicants renders the charge incompetent and deprives this court of jurisdiction to entertain this charge,” adding that Kyari and others had not waived their rights under the police disciplinary control which has begun before the instant charge was filed.

Continue Reading

Trending