The first batch of 550 pilgrims to this year’s Hajj arrived Medina Sunday morning at 5:30 am (Nigerian time).
According to the Executive Secretary of the State Pilgrims Welfare Board, Alhaji Tunji Kalejaiye, the pilgrims were airlifted from Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos, a statement issued in Abeokuta by the Governor’s Chief Press Secretary, Kunle Somorin, said.
Their arrival put paid to speculations that the State contingents were facing threat of possible late arrival in the holy land and miss out on some Hajj rites.
“I am still in Nigeria. But I monitored everything from their movement from Abeokuta to Lagos.
“The plane departed at 11: 45 last night and I am happy to report that all the 550, including the medical team and officials have landed safely in Saudi Arabia,” Kalejaiye said.
“No rites will be missed and we have made provision for their welfare. Everything is going on very well according to plans”, the Executive Secretary added.
The Amir- Ul- Hajj, Sheik Abdul Yekin Parakoyi and the chairman, Ad; Hoc Committee, 2019 Hajj, Sheik Mufutau Majekodunmi thanked the State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun for his support at ensuring a pleasant journey for the state pilgrims.
They called on the pilgrims to behave properly and show the good traits of an Ogun State indigene at the holy Land.
Alhaji Yaya Oyekanmi Akinlade and Alhaja Taiwo Awosika, on behalf of other pilgrims also thanked the governor for making the process easy for them, promising to adhere to the laws governing the holy land.
Cover Of The Week
- NBA commissioner Adam Silver's statement on passing of Kobe Bryant January 27, 2020
- Blitzboks own up to under-par performances in New Zealand (NZ) January 26, 2020
- Blitzboks in troubled waters in Hamilton January 25, 2020
- Nigeria: European Union (EU), UN concerned by increasing attacks against aid workers January 24, 2020
- Hand-Made Satellite!? January 24, 2020
- Secretary-General appoints Mr. Raouf Mazou of the Republic of the Congo as Assistant High Commissioner for Operations, Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees January 24, 2020
- Mainstreaming Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Education sector January 24, 2020
- Return to Care Campaign (RTC) January 24, 2020
- Statement on behalf of independent World Rugby Chairman Sir Bill Beaumont January 24, 2020
- Preparations underway for Africa Climate Week 2020 in Kampala January 24, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria