The first batch of 550 pilgrims to this year’s Hajj arrived Medina Sunday morning at 5:30 am (Nigerian time).
According to the Executive Secretary of the State Pilgrims Welfare Board, Alhaji Tunji Kalejaiye, the pilgrims were airlifted from Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos, a statement issued in Abeokuta by the Governor’s Chief Press Secretary, Kunle Somorin, said.
Their arrival put paid to speculations that the State contingents were facing threat of possible late arrival in the holy land and miss out on some Hajj rites.
“I am still in Nigeria. But I monitored everything from their movement from Abeokuta to Lagos.
“The plane departed at 11: 45 last night and I am happy to report that all the 550, including the medical team and officials have landed safely in Saudi Arabia,” Kalejaiye said.
“No rites will be missed and we have made provision for their welfare. Everything is going on very well according to plans”, the Executive Secretary added.
The Amir- Ul- Hajj, Sheik Abdul Yekin Parakoyi and the chairman, Ad; Hoc Committee, 2019 Hajj, Sheik Mufutau Majekodunmi thanked the State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun for his support at ensuring a pleasant journey for the state pilgrims.
They called on the pilgrims to behave properly and show the good traits of an Ogun State indigene at the holy Land.
Alhaji Yaya Oyekanmi Akinlade and Alhaja Taiwo Awosika, on behalf of other pilgrims also thanked the governor for making the process easy for them, promising to adhere to the laws governing the holy land.
Ogun to Demolish Houses That Habour Kidnappers, Sets Up Trust Fund
Fashion Your Way To Fame With Scissor Reality Show
LAGOS FIRST LADY RAISES HOPE OF IMPROVED ACCESS TO QUALITY HEALTHCARE
Emirates Aviation University introduces a special package for international students
ZENITH BANK APPOINTS HENRY OROH EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR AND DR. AL-MUJTABA ABUBAKAR INDEPENDENT NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Cover Of The Week
- New push for peace in Gogrial, Tonj, Wau as area governors embark on grassroots implementation activities August 23, 2019
- Tanzania: Second journalist arrested in a month must be released unconditionally August 23, 2019
- Merck Foundation in partnership with the First Lady of Malawi launches a children story to teach children and youth family values of love and respect- The Story of Limbani and Takondwa August 23, 2019
- Facebook celebrates 'Icons of Change' from across Sub-Saharan Africa with a Youth Gathering in Accra, Ghana August 23, 2019
- Assistant Foreign Minister Chen Xiaodong Meets with Charles Kayonga, Rwandan Ambassador to Leave August 23, 2019
- UN Commission on Human Rights in South Sudan: Localization of conflict and unaddressed community grievances serve as barriers to sustainable peace August 23, 2019
- Alternatives to Irregular Migration: International Organization for Migration (IOM) Launches Vocational Training Programme for Gambians August 23, 2019
- Innovative Inclusive Approach to Strengthen Community Cohesion in Chad August 23, 2019
- Launch of the Advancing Economic Diversification in Ethiopia Project August 23, 2019
- School closures in West and Central Africa triple since 2017, as education comes under fire across the region August 23, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others