Some nursing moms find they can eat whatever they like. While it’s true that some strongly flavored foods may change the taste of your milk, most babies seem to enjoy a variety of breast milk flavors! Generally, the dominant flavors of your diet – whether soy sauce or chili peppers – were in your amniotic fluid during pregnancy.
Fetuses swallow a fair amount of amniotic fluid before birth, so when they taste those flavors again in their mother’s breast milk, they’re already accustomed to them.
Occasionally a baby will be fussy at the breast or gassy after you eat a particular food. If you notice a pattern, avoid that food for a few days. To test whether that food really was the cause, reintroduce it once and see if there’s an effect.
As a breastfeeding mom, you should avoid these 3 foods, for the sake of your baby.
- Citrus Fruits:
Juicy, tangy and incredibly tasty is how you would describe most citrus fruits. Citrus fruits are some of the most popular fruits, and they form a major part of your fruit basket. However, as a lactating mom, you need to avoid citrus fruits and their juices at all costs.
Citrus fruits include fruits like lime, kiwi fruits, strawberries, pineapples, oranges, and grapes. Many-a-time, citrus fruits lend a pungent flavor to your chest milk. Some babies might object to the taste of it, and get fussy while consuming it. Other babies may vomit. Sometimes, your baby may also develop diaper rashes as a result of the citrus content in chest milk. Citrus fruits contain many acidic compounds and can lead to irritation of the gastrointestinal tract (GI) in children.
- Cherries And Prunes:
Apart from citrus fruits, make sure you don’t consume any cherries, prunes or berries. Cherries may sometimes create gas problems for your little one. Moreover, it is quite common for newborn babies to suffer from gas due to their newly developing digestive system.
- Caffeine And Chocolate:
Apart from the varieties of foods we mention above, make sure that you avoid caffeine, chocolates, eggs, soy and fish. These foods can lead to gastrointestinal problems and may also trigger allergies in your little angel.
Cover Of The Week
- African trade finance sees $5 bn in portfolio outflows in Q1 2020 due to Covid-19, but opportunities exist - report April 22, 2021
- Egypt's largest solar plant, Kom Ombo, receives US$ 114 million financing package April 22, 2021
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: COVID-19 update (21 April 2021) April 22, 2021
- Coronavirus - Eritrea: Announcement from the Ministry of Health (21 April 2021) April 22, 2021
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 update (21 April 2021) April 22, 2021
- Coronavirus - Gambia: COVID-19 update (21 April 2021) April 22, 2021
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 update (21 April 2021) April 22, 2021
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 update (21 April 2021) April 22, 2021
- Coronavirus - Namibia: COVID-19 update (21 April 2021) April 22, 2021
- Coronavirus - South Africa: COVID-19 update (21 April 2021) April 22, 2021
Politics5 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
religion4 months ago
Kidnapping In Aso Rock, CBN Governor Indictment, Death Of Governor, Others – Primate Ayodele Fearful 2021 Prophecies
celebrity radar - gossips3 months ago
Profile of New Chief of Army Staff Maj Gen Ibrahim Attahiru
Politics6 months ago
Will Primate Ayodele’s Warning To Joe Biden On US Election Come To Pass?