By Ifeoma Ikem
Ogun State Police Command operatives attached to Agbara divison have arrested 4 suspected robbery gang who Specialized in snatching motorcycles in Agbara and its environs.
The arrest of the gang was made followed by a report at Agbara Divisional station on the 20th of February 2019 by one Suru Nofiyonbin who reported that at about 5:30am, while he was riding his unregistered Bajaj motorcycle, he assisted a man who was stranded at OPIC Estate Agbara to Igere.
As we are going on our way the suspect brought out a pestle from his bag and hit on my head which inflicted serious injury on my head before dispossessing the motorcycle.
On the strength of the report, the DPO Agbara Division,CSP Adegbite Omotayo quickly led his Anti Robbery team to the scene, combed the entire area in collaboration with the Vigilante service of Ogun State and succeeded in apprehending the suspect who was later identified as Abraham Lucky.
According to the public relation officer, DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi through a press release stated that the motorcycle and the pestle was subsequently recovered from him.
On interrogation, he confessed that he and his gang group has been responsible for series of motorcycles snatching in the area, his suspected gangs are as follow, Emeka Ekenle ‘m’ 28yrs, Oluwaseun Adekoya ‘m’ 25yrs and one Monday Nzkube who received the Okada. All the suspects have been arrested and confessed to the crime. And also admit snatching more than ten motorcycles in Agbara and environs.
The Commissioner of Police, Ahmed Iliyasu has ordered the immediate transfer of the suspects to Special Anti-robbery Squad (SARS) for discreet investigation.
He further reiterate the commitment of the Command not to rest on its oars until the State is rid of crime and criminality.
Cover Of The Week
- Africa Oil & Power officially opens Mozambique Workshops, celebrates International Women’s Day March 8, 2021
- Sonangol celebrates 45 Years in Service of Angola (By Charné Hundermark) March 8, 2021
- Canada World Youth and Africa Skills Hub partner to introduce Women’s Entrepreneurship and Livelihood Initiative (WELI) March 8, 2021
- USD 35-billion per year is needed to tackle Africa’s water crisis; South African firm Khato Civils announces African expansion and calls for AfCFTA to be the catalyst to build Africa’s water infrastructure March 8, 2021
- The Africa Digital Inclusion Facility approves grants worth $1.3 million for two research efforts to enhance women’s digital access to loans and micro-insurance March 8, 2021
- The African Energy Chamber to host Virtual Book Launch for its first ever advisory board book March 8, 2021
- NBA and Basketball Africa League launch Gender Equality Initiatives in Africa March 8, 2021
- Energy Sector stands with Equatorial Guinea as explosions decimate in residential areas March 8, 2021
- Oil and Gas sector welcomes merger of South Africa’s iGas, PetroSA and Strategic Fuel Fund March 8, 2021
- Gaerne and Team Qhubeka ASSOS reunite partnership March 8, 2021
Politics3 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro6 months ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports6 months ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi