By Ifeoma Ikem
Ogun State police command have arrested a 54-year old clergyman, Pastor Niyi Omowodun, caught while having sexual intercourse with a 12-years old girl minor (name withheld), in an uncompleted building by neighbours.
The suspect, resides at Ejigun Agbede ,Itele Ota iAdo-odo Local Government area of the state.where his Church is located at the same area.
According to the suspect,”I met the little girl coming back on her way, I ask her where is she coming from she told me that she want for an errant ,I lured her inside the uncompleted building that I need her assistant to removed some material to my area it was there I took advantage of the girl and had canal knowledge of her,said the suspect”.
Sahara weekly learnt that the Father of the victim received a call from one of his neighbour while he was at work that the suspect sexually abused his daughter who went for an errand that the suspect was caught on the act. The victim father immediately report the matter to Itele divisional station.
CSP Monday Unuigbe,the divisional police officer of Itele division directed his detectives to the area to arrests the suspect. While interrogating the suspect he claimed to be a pastor and also separated for his wife since 2016 and confessed to crime.
The Ogun State PPRO, DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi, confirmed that the suspect have been arrested.
Meanwhile,the Commissioner of Police, CP Kenneth Ebrimson, has ordered the transfer of the suspect to the Anti-Human Trafficking and Child Labour Unit of the Ogun State Criminal investigation and intelligence Department for further investigation and diligent prosecution.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Africa: International Narcotics Control Board (INCB), WHO and United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) statement on access to internationally controlled medicines during COVID-19 pandemic August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Democratic Republic of the Congo: Millions ‘on the edge’ in DR Congo, now in even greater danger of tipping over - World Food Programme (WFP) August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: 1,200 missing migrants recorded thus far in 2020 may well undercount totals since COVID-19 outbreak August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Sierra Leone: Stranded Sierra Leoneans return amid COVID-19 pandemic, part of 2,800 returns along Humanitarian Corridors in West, Central Africa August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: Humanitarian needs hit record high, UN calls for urgent support August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: Stop the use of deadly force on protesters August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Democratic Republic of Congo: With conflict and COVID-19 deepening hunger in the Democratic Republic of Congo, more help is needed to save millions of lives August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Information Update (14th August 2020) August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus: African Union Member States reporting COVID-19 cases as of 14 August 2020, 6 pm EAT August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: 2 in 5 schools around the world lacked basic handwashing facilities prior to COVID-19 pandemic — UNICEF, WHO August 14, 2020
news5 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 months ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Education2 months ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries
Politics3 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour