A Nigerian parent can be very loving and caring but could also be very strict and could beat the living day light out of you for a little mistake. You would agree its nothing really serious but to them, it is tantamount and you might be seriously dealt with.
Some of you remember being actually beaten for as little as not eating your food fast or not sitting properly while eating.
Naijaloaded bring back old memories of the very funny (now) Nigerian parents could beat their kids for.
- Wasting Food
This is a cardinal offense in a Nigerian home. It is a must to finish your food and it is even worst when you insisted the one you were given wouldn’t be enough for you, so your mom had to add some more and after all that drama, you are unable to finish the food.
- Sucking Thumb
Some kids enjoy doing this, but they better know the exact time to have the thumb in their mouth. The last thing you want is for a Nigerian parent especially moms to catch you thumb sucking, they actually have the tendency to beat you into the next year.
Take the scenario, a Nigerian parent sends his/her kid to buy something from a shop nearby, then the child forgets to take his change, or loses the money or buys something else or doesn’t even remember what he was sent to buy. We are very sure, anyone born and bred by Nigerian parents know exactly what would come after that right?
- Bed Wetting
A Nigerian parent could totally beat and humiliate a child before anyone for bed wetting. They even have songs that are chanted to shame a bedwetting child.
- Stealing From School
It is called stealing as long as your parents didn’t put them in your bag when your were going to school in the morning. So, when they see other people’s items in your bag, they could beat you until you forget your name.
- Eating A Neighbour’s Food
This forever ranks highest when it comes to punishment. Eating in your neighbour’s house whether your parents were present or not is an offense.
- Breaking Plates
It doesn’t matter if it was a mistake or not, Nigerian moms don’t wait to investigate the offense before pouncing on you like you’re a hated orphan.
- Not Showing Respect
A Nigerian parent wants to raise a respectful child and you would be totally contradicting their dreams of making that happen when you turn out to be a child that sees an elder and doesn’t greet. When your mom reminds you before you have to greet an elderly person, then you know you are surely going to get whooped when you get inside, that is if you don’t get it immediately.
What was the most silly thing your parents ever beat you up for?
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Zimbabwe: COVID-19 update (14 May 2021) May 15, 2021
- Video News Release: Rugby Africa Sevens Solidarity Camp: All the matches will be livestreamed Saturday on Rugby Afrique Facebook page and Rugby Africa's YouTube channel - Day 4 May 15, 2021
- CORRECTION: New Hapag-Lloyd East Africa service arriving in Kenya and Tanzania May 14, 2021
- Day 3 - B-roll: African rugby teams are coming together to prepare for the Olympic Games and Olympic Repechage - Day 3 May 14, 2021
- Basketball Africa League Unveils Team Rosters Ahead of Inaugural Season May 14, 2021
- UN condemns killing of aid worker in South Sudan May 14, 2021
- Egypt receives second shipment of 1.77 million COVID-19 vaccines through the COVAX Facility May 14, 2021
- New Hapag-Lloyd East Africa service arriving in Kenya and Tanzania May 14, 2021
- Siemens, the German Government and the Solidarity Fund hand over a 100-bed modular hospital solution May 14, 2021
- Pozzovivo forced to withdraw from Giro d'Italia following stage 6 crash May 14, 2021
Politics6 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
religion5 months ago
Kidnapping In Aso Rock, CBN Governor Indictment, Death Of Governor, Others – Primate Ayodele Fearful 2021 Prophecies
celebrity radar - gossips4 months ago
Profile of New Chief of Army Staff Maj Gen Ibrahim Attahiru
Politics6 months ago
Will Primate Ayodele’s Warning To Joe Biden On US Election Come To Pass?