Connect with us

society

10 Million Women, Millions of Children: Nigeria’s Boldest Gender Reform Yet

Published

on

Inside Nigeria’s Bold Plan to Empower 10 Million Women – And Protect Its Children

By Otega Ogra
February 19, 2025 | Abuja, Nigeria

 

Nigeria’s Minister of Women Affairs, Imaan Sulaiman-Ibrahim, had been in office for just a few days when she cradled a terrified 4-year-old girl—shaking, traumatised—after surviving brutal abuse.

10 Million Women, Millions of Children: Nigeria’s Boldest Gender Reform Yet

That moment, she says, changed everything.

“I looked into her eyes, and I knew—this cannot be business as usual,” Sulaiman-Ibrahim told reporters in Abuja during a briefing marking her first 100 days in office under President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s administration. “The time for slow progress is over. It is Women O’Clock in Nigeria.”

And she’s not kidding.

In just over three months, Sulaiman-Ibrahim has rolled out an ambitious plan to economically empower 10 million Nigerian women by 2027, overhaul child protection laws, and put Nigeria at the frontlines of global gender leadership.

Her message? Policies are not enough. It’s action time.

 

Big Moves: 10 Million Women By 2027

The minister’s plan centres on a major push to unlock the economic potential of Nigerian women—more than 100 million strong—as drivers of the country’s future.

“We’re not just talking about women’s empowerment as charity,” Sulaiman-Ibrahim said. “We’re talking about building a $1 trillion economy; women will be at the centre of it.”

The Ministry launched the Nigeria for Women Scale-Up Project, backed by the World Bank, to reach 4.5 million women across all 36 states and the capital, Abuja.

The goal? Equip women with business skills, financial literacy, and cooperative funding to start and grow businesses.

But that’s not all.

A partnership with WEMA Bank is rolling out the MOWA-SARA Skills Acquisition Program, which targets 500,000 women for training in vocational skills, entrepreneurship, and digital finance.

In Kano State, the pilot program is already training 2,500 women in tailoring, catering, and hospitality.

And coming next—a National Microfinance Framework for Women Entrepreneurs to give women affordable loans and investment tools to build their futures.

No Child Left Behind

Economic empowerment is only part of the story.
The other half?
Protecting Nigeria’s most vulnerable—its children.

Sulaiman-Ibrahim made it clear: The nation’s children are now a top priority.

A Child Rights Act Review Committee is already working to toughen laws against child abuse, trafficking, and underage marriage—problems that have plagued Nigeria for years.

“We’re closing the loopholes. We’re making sure no abuser escapes justice,” the Minister said.

But she’s not stopping at laws.
Her Ministry is developing a National Child Protection Framework—a first-of-its-kind nationwide system to safeguard children—and is exploring the creation of a dedicated institution focused solely on child welfare.

In the meantime, Sulaiman-Ibrahim is tackling the everyday struggles holding girls back.
Her national menstrual hygiene campaign is distributing 10,000 menstrual kits to girls, aiming to keep them in school and break the stigma around periods.

Violence? Not On Her Watch

Sulaiman-Ibrahim’s message on gender-based violence is blunt: Enough is enough. Representing Nigeria at the Global Ministerial Conference on Ending Violence Against Children in Bogotá, Colombia, she unveiled bold targets:
2 million children at risk of violence will receive support services by 2030.
10 million families will get evidence-based parenting support to prevent abuse at home.

“Nigeria is standing up,” she said. “We are saying—we will protect our children.”

Clean Energy for Survival

Sulaiman-Ibrahim’s focus also extends to climate survival, knowing that women in rural areas bear the harshest burden.
Her team is pushing to transition 1 million households from firewood cooking to clean energy solutions, reducing health risks and environmental damage.

Taking Nigeria to the World

But Sulaiman-Ibrahim isn’t just shaking things up at home—she’s putting Nigeria on the global map for gender equality leadership.

This March, Nigeria will host six high-impact sessions—a historic first—on financial inclusion, women’s leadership, and child protection at the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW69) in New York.

At COP29 in Azerbaijan, her Ministry will push for gender-focused climate action, demanding that women’s voices be part of global climate solutions.

“We are no longer on the sidelines. Nigeria is leading the global gender conversation,” she said.

The Road Ahead

The High-Level Presidential Advisory Council on Women and Girls has been formed to keep the momentum—bringing together policy leaders to ensure these programs don’t just stay on paper.

“We are breaking down doors so Nigerian women and children get what they deserve,” Sulaiman-Ibrahim said.

Her message to Nigerians?

“It is Women O’Clock. We are not asking for permission. We are moving forward.”

The Bottom Line

In 100 days, Sulaiman-Ibrahim has taken Nigeria’s Ministry of Women Affairs from rhetoric to action.

The stakes are high.
But for the millions of Nigerian women and children depending on her, failure is not an optionV.

“We will get this done,” she said, with fire in her voice.
“Because their future depends on it.”

society

Ajiran Youth Protest Over Deaths of Two Residents, Demand Justice

Published

on

Ajiran Youth Protest Over Deaths of Two Residents, Demand Justice

 

The Ajiran community of Lagos State erupted in a powerful protest on Tuesday as local youths took to the streets to express their grief and anger over the tragic murders of Prince Ademola Akintoye and Sherrif Agboworin. The demonstration follows the recent decision to reopen the murder case, an investigation that has already led to the arrest of over nine suspects in connection with the heinous crimes committed more than a year ago.

Carrying vibrant banners and poignant posters featuring the faces of the deceased, the protesters marched through the heart of their community while singing somber dirges to honor their memory. With chants of unity and justice ringing in the air, they called on both the Lagos State Government and the Lagos State Police Command to ensure that those responsible are swiftly and decisively brought to justice.

The youth leaders emphasized that peace and normalcy will remain elusive in Ajiran until all those complicit in the killings are held accountable. They articulated that true justice is the only way to restore tranquility and honor the lives of Akintoye and Agboworin, whom they described as innocent victims of a grave injustice.

Speaking on behalf of the demonstrators, youth leader Mr. Kehinde Oladele urged law enforcement to conduct a thorough and fair investigation. He asserted that every individual involved including the nine arrested suspects must face the full extent of the law. Especially Hammed Tajudeen, the principal suspect mentioned by others in custody, whom they believe should not escape scrutiny.

“The reopening of this case after more than a year is a critical first step towards achieving justice and fairness for our brothers,” Oladele said. “We urge the police to get to the root of the matter. Those mentioned during the investigation, especially Hammed Tajudeen, should not be spared.”

The atmosphere in the community grew increasingly tense last week following speculation that prominent businessman Aare Bashir Olawale Fakorede was implicated in the unrest. The speculation appeared to stem from his alleged influence on the reopening of the murder investigation. This misunderstanding escalated when a group of protesters targeted his filling station in Ikate, vandalizing his properties and disrupting business operations in the gas station based on the false assumption that Fakorede was behind the police’s renewed inquiries.

In response to the rising tensions and misinformation, Fakorede’s spokesperson, Ola Muhammed, issued a comprehensive statement denying any connection between Fakorede and the unrest. The spokesperson emphasized that rumors suggesting the businessman orchestrated the revival of the murder case were completely unfounded.

“I feel it is crucial to clarify, for the sake of transparency and historical accuracy, that this entire ordeal is in no way related to me,” Fakorede stated. “I am also very interested to see that the culprits are brought to book. I categorically affirm that I have never been involved in any business dealings with Mr. Hammed Tajudeen.”

Fakorede further elaborated that the recent protests which led to the destruction of his property were reportedly instigated by Tajudeen and others who seem determined to manipulate the narrative and cast suspicion upon him. Fakorede expressed his own strong commitment to uncovering the truth surrounding the deaths.

As the police investigation progresses, it has become increasingly apparent that all accusing fingers are pointing to Hammed Tajudeen who is currently evading capture, adding another layer of complexity and urgency to the ongoing situation. Community members have questioned why he remains at large instead of submitting himself to the police for questioning if he is truly innocent of the allegations against him.

Community leaders are now emphasizing the need for dialogue to address the root causes of the unrest and work toward restoring harmony within Ajiran, even as the demand for justice remains at the forefront of public consciousness.

Continue Reading

society

Ramadan: Al-Yusuff International Travels and Tours Boss Greets Muslims

Published

on

Ramadan: Al-Yusuff International Travels and Tours Boss Greets Muslims

 

As the holy month of Ramadan begins across the globe, the Chief Executive Officer of Al-Yusuff International Travels and Tours Limited, Dr. Abdulmajeed Oladele, has extended his heartfelt greetings to Muslims worldwide.

In his message, the respected business mogul expressed gratitude to Almighty Allah for the privilege of witnessing this year’s sacred month.

“We glorify Allah for granting us the grace and opportunity to witness this year’s month of blessings. Ramadan is a sacred and special month for all Muslims, a month greater than many others, filled with piety, mercy, and abundant blessings.

I congratulate all Muslims across the world. Let us faithfully observe the requirements of Ramadan. May Allah (SWT) grant our heart’s desires and make this period easy and rewarding for us all.”

Dr. Oladele urged Muslims to embrace the spiritual significance of Ramadan through devotion, charity, self-discipline, and prayers for peace and prosperity.

Continue Reading

society

UKA UNVEILS THREE-TIER ATC PLATFORM AS MONARCH ANNOUNCES $10BN GOLD-BACKED MILESTONE

Published

on

UKA UNVEILS THREE-TIER ATC PLATFORM AS MONARCH ANNOUNCES $10BN GOLD-BACKED MILESTONE

 

Emperor Nobilis Prof Solomon Winning declares global recognition of ATC ecosystem, urges citizens and partners to embrace unified digital, crypto and gold-backed financial structure

The Reigning Monarch of the United Kingdom of Atlantis (UKA), Emperor Nobilis Prof Solomon Winning, has formally announced what he described as a historic milestone in the financial evolution of the Atlantis nation and empire worldwide, the consolidation and global recognition of the ATC financial ecosystem backed by a $10 billion gold reserve.

In a voice message released from the Office of the Throne, the Monarch expressed gratitude to God and to citizens and partners across the globe for what he termed a “defining achievement” in the journey of the United Kingdom of Atlantis.

According to him, the ATC asset structure, supported by a $10 billion gold-backed certificate, has now been positioned among the world’s leading capitalisation financial platforms, ranking number 12 globally.
“We appreciate God for the milestone achieved of our 10 billion gold-backed certificate of ATC assets. We are delighted to inform our esteemed citizens, partners, viewers and friends all over the world that ATC has come to stay,” the Monarch declared.

Three Distinct but Interconnected ATC Platforms

Emperor Winning explained that the UKA Government and the Atlantis nation have officially released three integrated ATC platforms to the general public. He emphasised that while each platform serves a distinct purpose, they are structured to interact seamlessly for effective management, business transactions and global trading operations.

1.ATC Digital (Government Platform)

The first platform, known as ATC Digital, is the official government-backed digital transaction system. It is designed to facilitate digital financial operations within the UKA ecosystem and serve as the administrative and transactional backbone of the nation’s digital economy.

The Monarch described it as the formally recognised digital framework governed directly by the government under the Throne.

ATC Gold Version (Business and Trade Platform). The second platform, referred to as the ATC Gold Version, is primarily tailored for business trade, commercial exchange and transactional fluidity. It is structured to enhance business-to-business engagement, exchangeability and broader economic interaction.
“This version is mainly for business trade, business exchange and commercial transactions,” he clarified.

ATC Crown Coin (Crypto and Visitor Platform)
The third platform, known as the ATC Crown Coin, represents the Atlantis Crown Coin and is linked to what the monarch described as the Atlantean Bank Gold structure. This version operates as a crypto and digital hybrid, including visitor engagement capabilities and broader exchange functions.
(atlantisgoldbank.org
The Digital/Cryto currency Version

Atlantian Crown Gold (E-ATC) https://share.google/a7Jns9VtrMKCZ6Prk
The E-ATC purely for Trading and Exchang

Atlantean Crown (ATC) – The Future of Digital Currency https://share.google/1EhdkkDBFvBLLgfR1
The Digital version for Government

We also Have DEOS INTERNATIONAL Bank (DIB)
And ATCB)

The Monarch indicated that all three platforms are interconnected to ensure efficiency, transparency and global recognition.
“Please do not be confused. The United Kingdom of Atlantis has three major versions of ATC. Two are crypto-based, one is digital; one is also a hybrid of crypto and digital. All three interact together for effective management and effective business transactions.”

Global Recognition and Expansion Vision

Emperor Winning further asserted that the ATC ecosystem is already recognised internationally and positioned within the global financial framework. “Our platforms are presently recognised in the whole world,” he said, while encouraging existing holders of ATC assets to remain confident in the system.
He congratulated all ATC holders and reiterated the Throne’s commitment to strengthening the ecosystem’s credibility, usability and cross-platform functionality.

A Strategic Financial Architecture

Observers say the three-tier structure reflects an attempt by the United Kingdom of Atlantis to create a multi-layered financial architecture combining government-regulated digital systems, crypto-based trade platforms and gold-backed reserve credibility.

By integrating digital governance with cryptocurrency and gold certification, the UKA appears to be positioning ATC as both a sovereign-backed asset and a tradable global instrument.

As the UKA advances its financial ambitions, the monarch’s message signals a push for adoption, participation and global engagement with the ATC ecosystem.
“If you are a holder of ATC, congratulations to you from the Throne. God bless you,” the monarch concluded.

The development marks another significant chapter in the evolving digital and gold-backed finance narrative emerging from the United Kingdom of Atlantis.

Continue Reading

Cover Of The Week

Trending