A Communique issued By the Committee for the Defence of Human Rights (CDHR).
The Committee for the Defence of Human Rights Ondo State branch organized a one-day Bí-annual convention held on Saturday 5th June 2021 at Prospect College, Oke Aro in Akure with the theme: INSECURITY: The Collapse Of A Nation’s Sovereignty.
Discussants at the meeting were :
- Comrade Wọlé Olorunsuyi, a one-time National Treasurer of CDHR.
- Comrade Mrs. Akomolafe, chairman of Ekiti state branch of CDHR.
- Comrade Wahab Akinrinade, chairman Osun branch.
- Comrade Alalade, chairman Ọ̀yọ́ state branch of CDHR.
After the conference, some recommendations were made by the Committee for the Defence of Human Rights concerning the state of the nation.
- That The initiative of local security network and state policing be fully supported and given teeth to function.
- That appropriate youth engagement program is pursued to raise the economic status of the young generation.
- That the appointment and postings of security personnel should reflect their training and experience rather than primordial considerations.
- That there is no other way forward than a complete restructuring of the country with a constitution that is truly a product of the people and a reflection of their agreement to live together as a country.
The conference was rounded up with an election of the state branch of the organization which saw the emergence of the following officers:
- Comrade Alfred Olorunwo, aka Black – Chairman
- Comrade Obasanya Akinsanya – Secretary
- Comrade Patrick Agbi – Treasurer.
Cover Of The Week
- Emerson Publishes Environmental, Social and Governance Report June 22, 2021
- AMEA Power launches 50MW Solar Power Plant in Togo - the country's first utility-scale renewable energy project developed by an Independent Power Producer June 22, 2021
- Merck Foundation calls for action together with 13 African First Ladies and 27 Ministers to Build Healthcare Capacity, Break the Infertility Stigma and Support Girl Education at their annual conference June 22, 2021
- World Food Programme (WFP) says 41 million people now at imminent risk of famine without urgent funding and immediate humanitarian access June 22, 2021
- AFRICOM's Gen. Townsend meets African leaders at exercise African Lion June 22, 2021
- Germany supports World Food Programme's (WFP) life-saving food assistance to vulnerable families in South Sudan June 22, 2021
- Doctors Without Borders (MSF) responds to mRNA COVID vaccine technology transfer hub being set up in South Africa June 22, 2021
- AMISOM troops relocate from Marianguwaay Forward Operating Base in the Lower Shabelle region of Somalia and gives the community land back to the Federal Government of Somalia June 22, 2021
- Defeating Ebola in Guinea through better experience June 22, 2021
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 Statistics Daily Status Update (21 June 2021) June 22, 2021
religion6 months ago
Kidnapping In Aso Rock, CBN Governor Indictment, Death Of Governor, Others – Primate Ayodele Fearful 2021 Prophecies
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Profile of New Chief of Army Staff Maj Gen Ibrahim Attahiru
Fashion/Lifestyle2 months ago
How To Make a Girl Horny Fast – 9 Easy Tricks
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Rolls out Over 90 Prophetic Alerts For 2021