Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun, has signed the State Security Trust Fund Bill, passed by the State House of Assembly into Law.
A statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. kunle Somorin stated the Bill was signed by the Governor after it was presented to him by the Speaker of the House, Rt. Hon. Olakunle Oluomo at the Governor’s office, Oke-Mosan,Abeokuta.
Similarly, the Governor has also signed into Law the Ogun State Road Mantaince Agency (Amendment) 2019, passed by the State Assembly.
Prince Abiodun, the Statement added, had last weekend inaugurated the Committee of the Trust Fund, headed by Mr. Bolaji Balogun to source for money for the acquisition and deployment of security equipment and such human materials and financial resources that would be necessary to prevent crime and preserve public peace.
The statement said the Committee is also to promote the effect encyclopedia of all security Agencies in the State, hold gifts property and money for the purpose of crime prevention, moblise funding and resources in Cash or kind from the public, private, corporate or institutional or all other sources and manage those resources in a transparent and accountable manner for the purpose of Public security.
It added that the Committee is also to reserve part of the Fund for the training and retraining of security personnel, as well as do and perform other functions for the purpose of public security as contained in the State Security Law 2011as amended by the State Security Trust Fund Law, 2019.
They statement further added that with the passing of the Bill and signing into Law, the Ogun State Road Mantaince Agency (OGROMA), deplorable township and rural roads in the State would soon begin to wear new look as the Agency swings into action.
It stated that the administration of Prince Abiodun resuscitated the agency to serve as a quick fix mechanism to address the deplorable condition of township and rural roads.
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Ogun State.
Cover Of The Week
- Ambassador visits Peace Corps Volunteers January 17, 2020
- UN Child Rights Committee to review Austria, Belarus, Costa Rica, Hungary, Rwanda and State of Palestine January 17, 2020
- Tanzania will continue to uphold one-China policy January 17, 2020
- A passion for food wins contest on innovative thinking January 17, 2020
- Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), UN Restate Commitment to Peace, Security and Stability in West Africa January 17, 2020
- Visit to Tokyo by Amb. Macharia Kamau, MBS – Principal Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs January 17, 2020
- Prosper Africa: Registration Open, Tunis January 17, 2020
- Security Alert: Threats against Nigerien and Western Government Facilities and Locations Frequented by Westerners January 17, 2020
- UN finds that prospects for economic growth in 2020 hinge on reducing trade disputes and uncertainty January 17, 2020
- Federal Government of Somalia, U.S. conduct airstrike against al-Shabaab terrorists January 17, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips4 weeks ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria