By Elvis Omoregie Benin
A Benin based activist, Comrade Samson Osiomwanta, on Tuesday, called on the state houses of assembly to promulgate law banning governors who have served their first term from seeking reelection.
He made the call in Benin while stating his reasons for indicating his interest to run for the governorship position in the state.
Osiomwanta said given governors who have served their first term the opportunity to seek re-election will not produce the best result because they would want to recoup what they have invested in their first election.
The activist said governors who know that they have only one term to spend in the office will always do his best to deliver on his electioneering promises.
He said if elected the governor of the state, he would want to be remembered for his developmental strides like the likes of late prof. Ambrose Alli and Samuel Ogbemudia whose great achievements have not been surpassed by any governors who have ruled the state.
While commending the state governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki for his developmental strides, said he can do better if given the chance.
According to him”I am not oblivion of the many problems associated with the state but I want to change the narratives.
“I think I foresee myself as the masses and a representive of the masses eyes.
“I can do that. I know what is going on in the street and I followed my people.
“Governance is beyond paying of salaries as and when due and construction of adjoining roads on like before where you can have some items such as notebooks carrying the logo of Bendel State but today, you do not see such”, he said.
He however promised to run a transparent government and also tackle the scourge of insecurity in the state through the help of community leaders.
OGUN GOVERNOR SWEARS IN SSG, CoS, CHARGES THEM ON GOOD GOVERNANCE
OGUN GOVERNOR EXTOLS VIRTUE OF OLOTA OF OTA
WE WILL MAKE OGUN AGRICULTURAL CAPITAL OF NIGERIA- DAPO ABIODUN
Dr Chris Okafor Stages another Powerful Prophetic and Deliverance ‘2 Night with the King’ conference in Lagos
Honourable Kayode Akiolu To Host Speaker of the House of Representatives.
Cover Of The Week
- The Power of Storytelling June 24, 2019
- U.S. Embassy Statement on June 22 Attacks June 24, 2019
- Africa Oil & Power to Honor Senegal President as “Africa Oil Man of the Year” June 23, 2019
- Uganda defeats Kenya in Elgon Cup June 23, 2019
- Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on presidential elections in Mauritania June 21, 2019
- Over 2,100 Ethiopian Migrants return home from Yemen with Organization for Migration (IOM) support June 21, 2019
- Quality, Reliable and Comparable Data Critical for Migration Management and Governance: IOM Zimbabwe June 21, 2019
- Tanzania: Authorities rushing to pass bill to further repress human rights June 21, 2019
- UN Country Team and UNAMID deplore the looting and destruction of UN agency properties in Graida, South Darfur June 21, 2019
- Secretary-General appoints Yacoub El Hillo of Sudan as Deputy Special Representative for Libya June 21, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips4 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized4 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Crime2 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business2 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank