Beautiful Nollywood actress, Liz Anjorin, may have extended a hand of gesture to the sick veteran actor, Babatunde Omidina popularly known on the stage as Baba Suwe, going by an insider’s account.
Baba Suwe has been downed by strange illness for three years following his scandalous experience in the hands of anti-drug smuggling agency, NDLEA.
Liz, according to the source who is close to her, quietly reached out to Baba Suwe in her own capacity when information got to her that her colleagues most of who are the humour merchant’s close allies in the movie industry were not showing concerns for his challenges.
“She gave him cash and promised more but did not disclose how much,” disclosed the source who added that it was because Liz never wanted to make it a public affair.
Meanwhile, Liz, in an Instagram post on Monday, expressed anger at her colleagues reported coldness towards Baba Suwe’s plight, lamenting that the industry must do more not just to recognize potentials but to also reward commitments.
“I was once in Baba Suwe’s shoes when I lost my mother to stroke. She suffered for five years battling the ailment and i had to face the challenge of caring for her without support from my colleagues.
Even when she died, only two senior female colleagues stayed by me at the funeral. Our industry needs real transformation”, declares Anjorin who did not spare a section of the media in the blame for allegedly mocking her over colleagues absent at her mother’s burial ceremony.
I visit my town regularly, media report suggesting otherwise is misleading – Boroffice
OGUN GOVT TO PARTNER CHINESE COMPANY IN REPOSITIONING AGRICULTURE – ABIODUN
Abuja Aglow as World Presidents, Dignitaries, Celebrities set for Africa’s Biggest Event -#theUBAMarketplace2019
Access Bank UK Balance Sheet up 36% as Polo Day Pledges N350m for Children in Education
Fasoranti’s Daughter : The greatest danger to Nigeria are not the Fulani terrorists but treacherous Yoruba slaves- Femi-Fani Kayode Blasts Tinubu
Cover Of The Week
- World Health Organization (WHO) scales up activities in Burkina Faso in response to worsening humanitarian situation July 15, 2019
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Ministry of Higher Education, American University in Cairo (AUC) Inaugurate Centers for Career Development at Zagazig University July 15, 2019
- Voluntary National Reviews (VNR) lab reviews progress towards sustainable development goals July 15, 2019
- Fly, Stay, Earn - Marriott International And Emirates Strengthen Partnership With Relaunch Of Your World Rewards July 15, 2019
- July 17 Briefing on West Africa ― Public Health after the 2014-2016 Ebola Outbreak, with U.S. CDC's Center for Global Health Director Dr. Rebecca Martin July 15, 2019
- Canon Discovery Week continues in Nairobi, with in-store discounts throughout July to further develop relationship with customers July 15, 2019
- Moving the 2019 Total Africa Cup of Nations July 15, 2019
- Global Premium Smartphone TECNO Wins Africa Information Technology & Telecoms Awards (AITTA)Phone of the Year 2019 July 15, 2019
- Communities urged to support survivors of sexual violence rather than blaming and shaming them (by Filip Andersson) July 15, 2019
- IOM Outraged By Somalia Terrorist Attack July 15, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized5 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business2 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime3 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others