Beautiful Nollywood actress, Liz Anjorin, may have extended a hand of gesture to the sick veteran actor, Babatunde Omidina popularly known on the stage as Baba Suwe, going by an insider’s account.
Baba Suwe has been downed by strange illness for three years following his scandalous experience in the hands of anti-drug smuggling agency, NDLEA.
Liz, according to the source who is close to her, quietly reached out to Baba Suwe in her own capacity when information got to her that her colleagues most of who are the humour merchant’s close allies in the movie industry were not showing concerns for his challenges.
“She gave him cash and promised more but did not disclose how much,” disclosed the source who added that it was because Liz never wanted to make it a public affair.
Meanwhile, Liz, in an Instagram post on Monday, expressed anger at her colleagues reported coldness towards Baba Suwe’s plight, lamenting that the industry must do more not just to recognize potentials but to also reward commitments.
“I was once in Baba Suwe’s shoes when I lost my mother to stroke. She suffered for five years battling the ailment and i had to face the challenge of caring for her without support from my colleagues.
Even when she died, only two senior female colleagues stayed by me at the funeral. Our industry needs real transformation”, declares Anjorin who did not spare a section of the media in the blame for allegedly mocking her over colleagues absent at her mother’s burial ceremony.
FINALLY! ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
Edo Police Command Parades 144 Suspects
Rep Member Hold Essay Competition For Constituent
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Cover Of The Week
- Big Improvement of International Airport in Malawi by Japan’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) September 20, 2019
- UN Human Rights Council 42: Statement for the Universal Periodic Review on Ethiopia September 20, 2019
- Successful Digital Women Entrepreneurs at UN Assembly September 20, 2019
- As drought compounds security woes, Somalis flee to Ethiopia (By Katie Nguyen) September 20, 2019
- Africa and Europe share Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) experiences September 20, 2019
- Levente Magyar holds talks on Hungary-related business issues in Egypt September 20, 2019
- New ambassadors from Ireland, Namibia and Malaysia September 20, 2019
- Libya: humanitarian operation brings to Italy four Libyan paediatric patients September 20, 2019
- New International Organization for Migration (IOM) Data Collection Reveals Latest Migratory Trends in Mauritania September 20, 2019
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Deplores Death of Migrant, Killed Thursday upon Disembarkation in Tripoli September 20, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS