It was a phenomenal night for African music, culture, entertainment, fashion and African music lovers across the world as the All Africa Music Awards, AFRIMA in partnership with the African Union held the 2015 edition on Sunday, November 15 at the Eko Hotel and Suites in Lagos, Nigeria to delight of live and broadcast audience.
In addition to the many scintillating performances from the five regions of Africa as led by joint rendition of Paul Simon’s ‘Diamond on the soles of her shoes’ by Cobhams and Ladysmith Black Mambazo, there were surprises and emotions at this year’s award ceremony. Some of this year’s big winners who went home with the priceless 23.9 Karat gold plated AFRIMA trophy are Charlotte Dipanda from Cameroon who went home with 3 awards; Album of the Year, Best Female in Central Africa, and Best Artiste in African Contemporary. Diamond Platnumz from Tanzania also won Artiste of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best Male Artiste in Eastern Africa.
Cassper Nyovest from South Africa, has in his kit two awards; Best Male Artiste in Southern Africa and Best Artiste in African Hip Hop While Kenya group singers, Souti Sol got Best African Group/Duo/Band and producer of the Year.
One of the high points of the award ceremony was the honour bestowed on the former Lagos State Governor, Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu as Africa Pillar of Arts and Culture and AFRIMA legendary award to the Ladysmith Black Mambazo for still staying strong after five decades.
African artistes who recorded their names on the award winners’ list are Vanessa Mdee (TSA), Yemi Alade (NIG), AKA (SA), Stanley Enow (CAM), Flavour (NIG), Tsedenia (ETH), Darey (NIG), M’vula (ANG), Olamide (NIG), Wiyaala (GHA), Adekunle Gold (NIG), Kiss Daniel (NIG), Jose Chameleone (UGA), Praiz (NIG) among others.
See more photos:
FINALLY! ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
Edo Police Command Parades 144 Suspects
Rep Member Hold Essay Competition For Constituent
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Cover Of The Week
- Big Improvement of International Airport in Malawi by Japan’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) September 20, 2019
- UN Human Rights Council 42: Statement for the Universal Periodic Review on Ethiopia September 20, 2019
- Successful Digital Women Entrepreneurs at UN Assembly September 20, 2019
- As drought compounds security woes, Somalis flee to Ethiopia (By Katie Nguyen) September 20, 2019
- Africa and Europe share Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) experiences September 20, 2019
- Levente Magyar holds talks on Hungary-related business issues in Egypt September 20, 2019
- New ambassadors from Ireland, Namibia and Malaysia September 20, 2019
- Libya: humanitarian operation brings to Italy four Libyan paediatric patients September 20, 2019
- New International Organization for Migration (IOM) Data Collection Reveals Latest Migratory Trends in Mauritania September 20, 2019
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Deplores Death of Migrant, Killed Thursday upon Disembarkation in Tripoli September 20, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS