Ambassador Buratai Calls for Adequate Recognition For Royal Fathers
His Excellency, Lieutenant General TY Buratai (rtd), Nigeria’s Ambassador to Benin Republic has called for adequate recognition for traditional rulers and royal fathers by relevant institutions in the country.
The former Chief of Army Staff made this recommendation at the investiture ceremony of His Royal Majesty, Oba Hameed Oyelude, Makama Tegboosun III, the Olowu of Owu-Kuta Kingdom as the Life Patron of OSBC Chapel of the Nigerian Union of Journalists at OSBC Ile-Awiye, Oke-Baale, Oshogbo, Osun State on Wednesday August 11.
The Ambassador who was represented by Brigadier General Sani Usman Kukasheka, rtd, made the following remarks:
The Honouree, His Royal Majesty, Oba, Alhaji (Doctor) Hameed Oyelude Makama, Tegboosun III, The Olowu Of Owu-Kuta Kingdom, The Olori of Owu-Kuta, Your Royal Highnesses here present, State Director of Security, my friend and brother, the CPS, Alhaji Ismail Omipidan, our host, the DG OSBC, other management staff of OSBC here present, illustrious sons and daughters of Owu-Kuta kingdom here present, the chapel chairman OSBC NUJ, gentlemen of the press, distinguished invited guests, ladies and gentlemen, it is a great honour for me to be invited to chair this historic occasion, which is the investiture ceremony as Life Patron of one the most excellent Royal father of our time, His Royal Majesty, Oba, Alhaji (Doctor), Hameed Oyelude Makama Tegboosun III, the Olowu of Owu-Kuta Kingdom, as Life Patron of the Osun State Broadcasting Corporation Chapel of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) here at OSBC, Ile-Awiye, Oke-Baale, Oshogbo, Osun State.
I want to commend His Royal Majesty for the kind invitation and heartily congratulate him for this recognition and well-deserved honour.
The OSBC Chapel of the Nigeria Union of Journalists deserves commendation for the foresight of making His Royal Majesty its life Patron. There is no doubt that given the unprecedented accomplishments of Oba Makama, his great wealth of experience, wisdom and knowledge, the OSBC Chapel of the NUJ had made a wise decision by appointing him its life patron.
There is doubt that he will impact it positively as he bring his leadership, great wealth of experience and enormous goodwill to assist the Union.
His Royal Majesty has been a father to all and a bridge builder whose quest for peace and development in his kingdom and Nigeria is unparalleled. His patriotism and kind disposition to the military and security agencies in Nigeria is unquantifiable. This and many other qualities endeared him to all Nigerians and peace-loving people across the world. I therefore, called for more recognition of our royal fathers and traditional rulers in society given the immense role they play in the society.
This will enhance more understanding, peace and security in our country. Congratulations Kabiyesi, and I wish all here present to rejoice with us, a good time as we witness this historic moment.
Thank you and God bless.
Cover Of The Week
- Nearly 1 in 2 South African households is subscribed to SVOD September 21, 2021
- Recent political and community leaders retreat in Greater Pibor tackles issue of child marriages September 20, 2021
- Liberia: Ministry of Health, Consortium on Newborn Screening in Africa (CONSA) Launch Newborn Screening for Sickle Cell Disease In Liberia September 20, 2021
- Liberia: Ministry of Health, Liberia Board for Nursing and Midwifery (LBNM) Launch Digital Online Licensing Examinations System September 20, 2021
- Equatorial Guinea Secretary of State of Planning Will Lead a Strong Finance Delegation to African Energy Week in Cape Town September 20, 2021
- Prime Minister of Uganda Meets Ambassador of Qatar September 20, 2021
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 Statistics Daily Status Update (20 September 2021) September 20, 2021
- Coronavirus - South Africa: New COVID-19 Infections on a Downward Trend September 20, 2021
- The Visit of the Indonesian Consul General to Cape Town at The Cape Town Port for Life Skills Activities September 20, 2021
- Djibouti Signs its First Country Programme Framework (CPF) for 2022-2027 September 20, 2021
Fashion/Lifestyle5 months ago
How To Make a Girl Horny Fast – 9 Easy Tricks
Politics7 months ago
EKITI 2022:MAKING A CASE FOR A NEW FACE WITH NEW IDEAS IN STATE GOVERNANCE
celebrity radar - gossips7 months ago
Otunba Kehinde Oloyede is Bereaved!
Fashion/Lifestyle7 months ago
Rotary Recognizes exemplary youths across Nigeria