…Says He’s The “High Tech Road Builder One Of Lagos”
Veteran journalist, Mr. Dan Agbese has commended Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode for his commitment towards transforming the infrastructural landscape in the State in the last four years.
Agbese, who spoke at the 2019 Biennial Convention of the Nigerian Guild of Editors (NGE), held at the Airport Hotel in Ikeja, Lagos at the weekend, said he was particularly pleased with the infrastructural regeneration of the Muritala Muhammed International Airport Road.
The dilapidated Murtala Mohammed International Airport was reconstructed into a 10-lane super highway by the Ambode administration and was commissioned last month by President Muhammadu Buhari alongside other major projects.
Several other infrastructural projects initiated by Governor Ambode, including the World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange, Jubilee Bridges in Ajah and Abule Egba, Aboru Abesan Link Bridge as well as other key interventions in several sectors have redefined the landscape of the State.
According to Agbese, the quality of work on the International Airport Road was top notch, saying that the Governor deserves a special title for the feat.
“I must commend the Lagos State Governor for the quality of work on the International Airport Road. If he was in Imo State, he would have been tagged a chief of high tech roads.
“Infact, he would be titled as the High Tech Road Builder One of Lagos,” Agbese said, which elicited loud applause from media personalities who graced the convention.
Agbese, who was Chairman of the Convention, in his remarks also stressed that media organizations must re-strategise to sustain their relevance in the society.
He noted that the challenges facing Nigeria intensified because the media organizations have relapsed in their duties of shaping the agenda for the society, urging them to step up their game, as their role in sustaining Nigeria’s democracy could not be overemphasized.
Cover Of The Week
- Speech by H.E. Ms. Jacobsen at Arusha Technical College Graduation Ceremony January 29, 2020
- UAE has prioritised relations with African countries: His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed January 29, 2020
- Santu Mofokeng (1956–2020) January 29, 2020
- Cubans and Namibians commemorate the Birth of the Apostle January 29, 2020
- Remarks by the Spokesperson of the Chinese Embassy in Zambia on the Outbreak of Pneumonia caused by the Novel Coronavirus January 29, 2020
- Egypt: African Development Bank approves $22 million to expand leasing financing to corporates and SMEs January 29, 2020
- Blitzboks excited to restore pride January 29, 2020
- ‘Agriculture is the most important business in the world,’ African Development Bank President Akinwumi Adesina tells students January 29, 2020
- The NBA is hiring a Marketing Lead, Basketball Africa League (BAL) January 29, 2020
- Secretary Pompeo’s Meeting with Benin President Talon January 29, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria