…Says He’s The “High Tech Road Builder One Of Lagos”
Veteran journalist, Mr. Dan Agbese has commended Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode for his commitment towards transforming the infrastructural landscape in the State in the last four years.
Agbese, who spoke at the 2019 Biennial Convention of the Nigerian Guild of Editors (NGE), held at the Airport Hotel in Ikeja, Lagos at the weekend, said he was particularly pleased with the infrastructural regeneration of the Muritala Muhammed International Airport Road.
The dilapidated Murtala Mohammed International Airport was reconstructed into a 10-lane super highway by the Ambode administration and was commissioned last month by President Muhammadu Buhari alongside other major projects.
Several other infrastructural projects initiated by Governor Ambode, including the World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange, Jubilee Bridges in Ajah and Abule Egba, Aboru Abesan Link Bridge as well as other key interventions in several sectors have redefined the landscape of the State.
According to Agbese, the quality of work on the International Airport Road was top notch, saying that the Governor deserves a special title for the feat.
“I must commend the Lagos State Governor for the quality of work on the International Airport Road. If he was in Imo State, he would have been tagged a chief of high tech roads.
“Infact, he would be titled as the High Tech Road Builder One of Lagos,” Agbese said, which elicited loud applause from media personalities who graced the convention.
Agbese, who was Chairman of the Convention, in his remarks also stressed that media organizations must re-strategise to sustain their relevance in the society.
He noted that the challenges facing Nigeria intensified because the media organizations have relapsed in their duties of shaping the agenda for the society, urging them to step up their game, as their role in sustaining Nigeria’s democracy could not be overemphasized.
FBNQuest Trustees Marks 40th Anniversary of preserving legacies in Nigeria
IWS offers free medical ,donate Clothes,Food stuffs in Lagos community
The Bisi Fayemi You Have Not Met- By Mary Oso-Omotoso
DEJI OWOYELE “THE BRIDGE BUILDER” @ 40
Fidelity Bank Donates Laboratory To Correctional Home
Cover Of The Week
- G5 Sahel heads of State throw their weight behind African Development Bank initiative Desert to power September 15, 2019
- African Development Bank launches US$ 2 billion 1.625% Global Benchmark due 16 September 2022 September 13, 2019
- Innovative thinking marks African Development Bank’s Africa jobs manifesto September 13, 2019
- Humanitarian Assistance provided to Vulnerable Communities affected by floods in Niger September 13, 2019
- U.S. Embassy Statement on Recent Attack on Humanitarian Workers in Gambella September 13, 2019
- Belgian-Backed Labour Migration Initiative boosts Employability of Tunisian Youth September 13, 2019
- Kingdom of Morocco wins High-Level Vote to host next World Tourism Organization General Assembly in 2021 September 13, 2019
- Appeal launched for Humanitarian Response to Cyclone Devastation in Mozambique September 13, 2019
- U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) supports LNG Importation and Distribution in Guinea September 13, 2019
- Malaria vaccine launched in Kenya: Kenya joins Ghana and Malawi to roll out landmark vaccine in pilot introduction September 13, 2019
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics3 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS