The stock market in USA had another extremely volatile day on Thursday 5th March 2020, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average closing down 970 points.
As the coronavirus outbreak threatens to seriously dent global growth, the fear that has emerged in its wake is already taking its toll on the American economy.
Despite the emergency rate cut announced by the Federal Reserve on Tuesday intended to give businesses and households a boost, the Dow posted its fifth-worst single-day point drop on record.
CNN reports that the travel industry, which is crucial to the global economy, is facing its worst crisis since the September 11 terrorist attacks on the United States – as citizens minimise their travel to avoid the disease.
These economic repercussions of the coronavirus outbreak were clearly foretold by Prophet TB Joshua in his viral 2020 prophecy, which has been viewed nearly 600,000 times on YouTube.
“The economy will have a backlash,” Joshua revealed, calling on people globally to “invest in agriculture” to “help the economy”.
Specifically referring to USA, he said: “America should invest more in agriculture because their economy will be affected. The economy they see today will be affected.”
The cleric equally announced 2020 would be “a year of humility” in which “the Lord will humble us with our challenges”.
“Challenges can be affliction… To humble us with these is for those things to destroy us or expose us. Let us move closer to God,” he declared.
With even world superpowers such as USA and China buckling under the economic impact of the coronavirus outbreak, 2020 is indeed turning out to be “a year of humility”.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Africa: Communique of the Bureau of the Assembly of the African Union (AU) Heads of State and Government Teleconference on COVID-19, Held on 26 March 2020 March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Uganda: 7 new cases of COVID-19 confirmed in Uganda today, Saturday 28 March 2020 March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus – Seychelles: New Case of COVID-19 Detected (28 March 2020) March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus – Botswana: Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases statistics in Botswana as of 28 March 2020 March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Zimbabwe: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: 28 March 2020 March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Democratic Republic of the Congo: The Head of State Convened a Meeting of the Expanded Security Services Response Committee (Saturday 28 March) March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Seven more people have tested positive of coronavirus, four Kenyans, two Congolese and one Chinese, bringing the total to 38 March 28, 2020
- Map of African countries with COVID-19 cases (28 March 2020 - 5pm EAT) March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: 46 countries reporting a total COVID-19 3,977 cases, 117 deaths, and 286 recoveries March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Press Statement on the Update of Coronavirus in the Country and Response Measures as at 28th March, 2020 March 28, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips3 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
Sports6 months ago
Winners emerge in the 2019 Nigerian and African Freestyle Football Championship
Entertainment6 months ago
“Why Ultrabest Dance School is the best in Nigeria”- Juliet Ugwoeje
news2 weeks ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor