Connect with us

Uncategorized

‘Anyone complaining of hunger should go and work’ – President Buhari’s spokesman, Garba Shehu blasts Nigerians

Published

on

oil theft

 

In what seem like an insult to Nigerians, President Buhari’s spokesman, Garba Shehu has told all Nigerians complaining of hunger to go and work. Knowing fully well that even the workers who collect N18,000 Monthly can hardly eat due to the harsh economy under the government of his pay master, President Buhari.

Below are what he said in an Interview with Ben TV

Shehu said the current administration has invested in people and also infrastructure.

“Everyone complaining of hunger should go and work.

And you know that this is the only government that has introduced social investment schemes, we pay out now for the poorest of the poor,

the least they will get is N5, 000 and a lot of these jobs that are been created are from loans with little or no interest from the central bank, Bank of industry, Banks of Agriculture, Development Bank and the rest,” he said

“So, there is a lot going for people who really want to go out there to work especially in agriculture.”
Shehu said since President Muhammadu Buhari took office in 2015, he has devoted not less than 30% of the country’s annual appropriation to infrastructure.

The spokesman said the foundation for the country’s growth cannot be laid without proper infrastructure in place.
“The records are there for everyone to see that no government, no past administration in Nigeria has invested as much as we have done or let me say like we are currently doing in infrastructure development,” he said.

“From day one when he took power, the president gave a target of not less than 30% of annual appropriation devoted to infrastructure development. Without infrastructure, we can not lay the foundation for growth.

When this administration came to power, between 95 and 96% of public expenditure was going into overhead cost leaving only about 5 or 6% for infrastructure.
The allocation of 30% under this administration has led to tremendous improvement in the provision of infrastructure so far in the country.

Now there is a lot of work going on, building new rail lines and the rehabilitation of the old rail system networks, roads are been done all across the country, you only need to drive around to see for yourself.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Uncategorized

TYO National Competition Concludes with Exceptional Display of Oratory and Critical Thinking

Published

on

The TYO 2026 National Competition concluded with an impressive showcase of oratory, critical thinking, and a compelling demonstration of the skills developed by participants during a four-day intensive boot camp. The programme commenced on Monday, April 27, with semifinals held on April 29 and the finals on April 30, 2026.

The final event was marked by an emotional moment as the winner was announced to an enthusiastic reception from the audience. Participants were evaluated on key competencies including reasoning, content, structure, audibility, and audience engagement. The competition stood as a clear demonstration of what can be achieved when young minds are given the opportunity and space for intentional development.

TYO is a communications platform and an expression of the Peat Philips Foundation, committed to instilling leadership, communication, and public speaking skills in young people. The initiative focuses on building strong character and empowering participants to embody the change they seek, not only through words but through aligned actions.

The boot camp incorporated multiple dimensions of learning, including structure, intent, goal-setting, character development, reasoning and effective audience engagement. These components provided participants with the opportunity to refine their speaking abilities while unlearning habits that no longer serve their growth. The experience also fostered peer learning, as participants engaged closely with other qualified individuals within the programme.

Beyond the competition, TYO serves as a broader platform dedicated to developing young people into confident communicators and ambassadors of their communities and country. The competition itself is one of several initiatives aimed at preparing a Nigerian representative for the International Public Speaking Competition scheduled to take place in the United Kingdom in July this year.

Looking ahead, preparations are already underway for the 2027 edition of the TYO Boot Camp. The organisers express hope for continued and increased support from sponsors and partners to sustain and expand the programme. This support is essential to reaching more young people and strengthening a critical area of development, not only for Nigeria but for the African continent at large.

For partnership and sponsorship inquiries, interested parties are encouraged to connect with the organisers to support the mission of raising a generation equipped to serve and lead effectively. Contact: 08071825959, [email protected].

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Ajadi Visits Ilaji Resort, Commends Sanusi’s Vision for Oyo’s Economic Growth

Published

on

Ajadi Visits Ilaji Resort, Commends Sanusi’s Vision for Oyo’s Economic Growth

The leading gubernatorial aspirant in Oyo State under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Olufemi Ajadi Oguntoyinbo, has lauded the transformative impact of private-sector investment on the state’s economy, following a courtesy visit to Ilaji Hotels and Sports Resort in Akanran, Ibadan.

Ajadi, who was warmly received on Sunday by the resort’s founder, Chief Dr Dotun Sanusi, described the facility as a symbol of what visionary leadership and indigenous enterprise can achieve in driving rural development, job creation, and tourism growth.

Speaking during the visit, Ajadi commended Sanusi’s commitment to Oyo State’s economic advancement, noting that Ilaji Resort stands as a model for sustainable development outside urban centres.

“What I have seen here today is not just a business venture, but a bold statement of belief in Oyo State’s potential,” Ajadi said. “Chief Sanusi has demonstrated that with vision, dedication, and strategic investment, we can transform our rural communities into thriving economic hubs. This aligns perfectly with my agenda to expand opportunities, empower our people, and sustain development across the state.”
[4/13, 6:34 PM] johnsonakinpelu: The PDP gubernatorial aspirant emphasised that his governorship ambition is rooted in supporting initiatives that promote local enterprise, tourism, and youth employment, adding that partnerships between government and private investors would be a priority if elected.

In his remarks, Sanusi, popularly known as Ilaji, expressed delight at hosting Ajadi and his entourage, describing the visit as encouraging for investors in the state.

“I am honoured to receive Ambassador Ajadi here at Ilaji Resort,” Sanusi said. “This project was born out of a desire to give back to society, create jobs for our youths, and showcase the rich cultural and tourism potential of Oyo State. When leaders recognise and support such efforts, it strengthens our resolve to do more.”

Sanusi further stressed the importance of continuity in governance and policies that encourage investment, noting that consistent support from government actors is crucial for long-term economic growth.

The visit also attracted notable political stakeholders, including the former Ona-Ara Local Government Chairman, Hon. Taiwo Oke, Hon. Bass Oloko, and Ajadi’s personal assistant, Kilamuwaye Badmus, among others.

Observers at the event described the meeting as a convergence of political leadership and entrepreneurial vision, highlighting the growing importance of collaboration in addressing developmental challenges in Oyo State.

Analysts see Ajadi’s visit to Ilaji Resort as part of his broader engagement with key stakeholders across sectors, as he continues to build momentum ahead of the 2027 governorship race.

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

FOPCHEN Calls for Dialogue as Court Fixes May 28 for Continuation

Published

on

FOPCHEN Calls for Dialogue as Court Fixes May 28 for Continuation

OTA, OGUN STATE — Proceedings in a widely followed legal case resumed on March 24, 2026, at the High Court of Ogun State, Ota Division, ending with a fresh adjournment as the court fixed May 28, 2026, for continuation.

During the session, legal representatives for all parties restated their positions and addressed preliminary matters, laying the groundwork for more substantive arguments at the next hearing. Observers noted that the case continues to attract significant public attention due to its perceived implications for law, culture, and societal values.

The Foundation for the Protection of Cultural Heritage in Nigeria (FOPCHEN) used the occasion to reiterate its call for constructive national dialogue. The group emphasized that while the judicial process must be respected, broader societal engagement remains essential.

 

According to the organization, issues relating to values, responsibility, and cultural identity should not be confined solely to courtroom deliberations but should involve active participation from various sectors of society.
Legal analysts present at the proceedings described the matter as one with far-reaching implications, noting that arguments advanced in court could shape future interpretations surrounding sensitive cultural and moral questions.

 

The presiding judge subsequently adjourned the case to May 28, granting all parties time to refine their submissions and respond to issues raised during the hearing.

 

As anticipation builds ahead of the next court date, Nigerians across different sectors continue to monitor developments closely, keen to see how the judiciary navigates the delicate balance between constitutional rights and cultural expectations.

Continue Reading

Cover Of The Week

Trending