Left to right of the former APC media forum Secretary, Comrade Ahmed Mohammed Janbako and the chairman, Comrade Aminu Mohammed lecturer during the occasion
From Maiharaji Altine Gusau
Hundreds of APC Social Media Facebookers, Under the auspices of ‘APC Social Media Forum’ have dumped their Master Former Governor Abdul Aziz Yari, affirming their support to Governor Bello Matawalle.
The Facebookers, who were at the Government House yesterday to announce their defection from APC to PDP were led by the chairman, Comrade Aminu Mohammed Lecturer and the Secretary, Comrade Ahmed Mohammed Janbako.
In their separate speeches, the Leaders of the APC Social Media Forum, Comrade Aminu Mohammed Kaura (Lecturer) and Comrade Ahmed
￼Other Facebookers who witnessed the occasion
In their separate speeches, the Leaders of the APC Social Media Forum, Comrade Aminu Mohammed Kaura (Lecturer) and Comrade Ahmed Mohammed Janbako said their decisions to dump their former party, the APC and join the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was as a result of the leadership qualities of Governor Bello Matawalle.
“We decided to dump our former master Alhaji Abdul Aziz Yari and his party the APC because of the way and manner Governor Bello Mohammed Matawalle is handling the security situation of the state”.
“As a result of his leadership qualities and his efforts in tackling the insecurity challenges in the state, the economic activities have since resumed fully and all roads and market places that were closed by the previous administration have since been reopened”.
￼Governor Matawalle with the defected APC Facebookers at Govt House
They further said that the present administration in the state has given youths a lot of opportunities to contribute their quoter in the development of the state.
Receiving the Facebookers at Government House Chamber, Governor Matawalle commended the forum for their courage and decision to support his administration.
Matawalle described the action as commendable, urging the social media handlers in the state to avoid promoting fake news stressing that it could destroy the long existing peace of the country.
￼Other Facebookers at the occasion
He maintained that there was the need for handlers of social media in the state to stop promoting fake news on their news in order to avoid causing chaos and acrimony among the people.
“I urge you to use your talent to promote peace and unity among the people of the state and the country for the purpose of having a united and more secured nation”.
The Governor described the Social Media as a tool for positive change and progress, lamenting however that it was now used by disgruntled elements to cause confusion and chaos for their selfish Interest.
￼Some of the PDP officials who grazed the occasion. The publicity Secretary, Alhaji Faruku Ahmed Rijiya, and the Zonal Vice chairperson, Hajiya A,i Maradun
“Social Media is now one of the major sources of news but its major problem is that, it has been hijacked by unpatriotic citizens who are using it negatively to fabricate lies and promote disunity among people of the state and nation instead of promoting unity and economic prosperity”.
Matawalle expressed delight that they have left the APC and were ready to work with him for the development of the state.
He therefore urged them to assist the government at all levels in promoting and enlightening the public about government’s policies and programmes instead of disseminating news capable of destroying the state or their individual communities.
Matawalle expressed optimism that, if social media was handled positively and in according with the laws of the land, meaningful progress could be achieved within shortest possible time.
Two former Deputy Governors, Alhaji Ibrahim Wakkala Mohammed and Alhaji Muktari Ahmed Anka were among the people that witnessed the event.
Also in attendence were the Secretary to the State Government, Alhaji Bala Bello Maru, Chief of Staff Government House, Col Bala Mande rtd, the Permanent Secretary Ministry for Local Governments and Community Development, Alhaji Abubakar Jaafar Maradun Principal Private Secretary, Lawal Umar Maradun, as well as the Sole Administrator,Maru local government, Alhaji Salisu Isa Dangulbi
Cover Of The Week
- Africa Oil & Power officially opens Mozambique Workshops, celebrates International Women’s Day March 8, 2021
- Sonangol celebrates 45 Years in Service of Angola (By Charné Hundermark) March 8, 2021
- Canada World Youth and Africa Skills Hub partner to introduce Women’s Entrepreneurship and Livelihood Initiative (WELI) March 8, 2021
- USD 35-billion per year is needed to tackle Africa’s water crisis; South African firm Khato Civils announces African expansion and calls for AfCFTA to be the catalyst to build Africa’s water infrastructure March 8, 2021
- The Africa Digital Inclusion Facility approves grants worth $1.3 million for two research efforts to enhance women’s digital access to loans and micro-insurance March 8, 2021
- The African Energy Chamber to host Virtual Book Launch for its first ever advisory board book March 8, 2021
- NBA and Basketball Africa League launch Gender Equality Initiatives in Africa March 8, 2021
- Energy Sector stands with Equatorial Guinea as explosions decimate in residential areas March 8, 2021
- Oil and Gas sector welcomes merger of South Africa’s iGas, PetroSA and Strategic Fuel Fund March 8, 2021
- Gaerne and Team Qhubeka ASSOS reunite partnership March 8, 2021
Politics3 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro6 months ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports6 months ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi