Former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, has reacted to Thursday’s rerun governorship election in Osun State.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) conducted supplementary election in four local government areas having declared the last Saturday’s governorship election inconclusive.
Reacting, Fani-Kayode said the All Progressives Congress (APC)-led government muscled the opposition People’s Democratic Party (PDP) using state apparatuses.
He wrote: “The police and army prevented PDP agents from watching the polling booths. APC thugs threatened and beat PDP voters.
“Journalists and election observers were prevented from monitoring and covering the process. Many of them were manhandled and beaten up. The APC openly bribed voters with 100,000 naira each. Is this an election? No sir!
“The truth is there was no election in Osun today. It was violence all through. It was daylight robbery and theft. It was a violation of the dignity, rights and sovereingty of the people of Osun state and Yorubaland.
“As a people we have been down this road before in 1964,1983 and 1993 and there were serious and severe consequences. Those that have done this today have refused to learn from the lessons of history and I have little doubt that sooner or later there will once again be grave consequences and they will reap what they have sown.
“This is no longer about PDP or APC but about the dignity and liberation of the Yoruba people. Those amongst us that have chosen to collaborate with the barbarians that seek to keep us in slavery and bondage will pay a heavy price.
“We are not intimidated. They stole our votes, robbed us of our victory, raped our dignity, rubbished our self-respect and violated our rghts. Many of our people were insulted, intimidated, humiliated, beaten, wounded and maimed and our supporters were chased away from the polling booths by thugs abd security agents.
“They subjected us to all this but we remain confident and strong. Our heads have been bloodied but they are not bowed. There will be a day of reckoning for this great evil that has been visited upon our people and that day will soon come. Whatever they do or say we know that God is with us and He will never forsake us.
“In the end justice shall be done and the victory shall be ours. Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomole, Aregbesola and their APC are playing with fire and that fire will soon consumme them.”
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Africa’s Global Bank, UBA is Now Available on Apple Business Chat
STRANSACT NIGERIA MERITS INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING GROUP (TIAG) PARTNERSHIP
Lagos Govt. to Improve funding of medical sector, …lament on brain drain
The Next Titan Season-6: Heritage Bank continues to boosts entrepreneurship among youths
Cover Of The Week
- Documentation opens doors for Kenya's stateless Shona community September 19, 2019
- Tanzania: Protect Burundians Facing Abuse September 19, 2019
- More women and children survive today than ever before – UN report September 19, 2019
- South Africa’s Former Energy Minister, Jeff Radebe appointed to reassure African counterparts September 19, 2019
- #InsideTheHustle - Why I quit my job to create Nigeria’s first food truck in the heart of the country's megacity, Lagos September 19, 2019
- The Simbas ready for Zimbabwe Sables in the last 2019 Victoria Cup Fixture September 19, 2019
- Rugby – Zambia : Local 7's Series Resumes September 19, 2019
- 16 coaches from Africa shortlisted as “Future Stars” by Arsenal and WorldRemit September 19, 2019
- Enhancing the Contribution of Innovation, Youth and Leadership in Africa and the African Diaspora September 19, 2019
- Speeding up detection to slow down Ebola: Smartphone app is game-changer for contact tracing in hotspots in the Democratic Republic of the Congo September 19, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS