Former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, has reacted to Thursday’s rerun governorship election in Osun State.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) conducted supplementary election in four local government areas having declared the last Saturday’s governorship election inconclusive.
Reacting, Fani-Kayode said the All Progressives Congress (APC)-led government muscled the opposition People’s Democratic Party (PDP) using state apparatuses.
He wrote: “The police and army prevented PDP agents from watching the polling booths. APC thugs threatened and beat PDP voters.
“Journalists and election observers were prevented from monitoring and covering the process. Many of them were manhandled and beaten up. The APC openly bribed voters with 100,000 naira each. Is this an election? No sir!
“The truth is there was no election in Osun today. It was violence all through. It was daylight robbery and theft. It was a violation of the dignity, rights and sovereingty of the people of Osun state and Yorubaland.
“As a people we have been down this road before in 1964,1983 and 1993 and there were serious and severe consequences. Those that have done this today have refused to learn from the lessons of history and I have little doubt that sooner or later there will once again be grave consequences and they will reap what they have sown.
“This is no longer about PDP or APC but about the dignity and liberation of the Yoruba people. Those amongst us that have chosen to collaborate with the barbarians that seek to keep us in slavery and bondage will pay a heavy price.
“We are not intimidated. They stole our votes, robbed us of our victory, raped our dignity, rubbished our self-respect and violated our rghts. Many of our people were insulted, intimidated, humiliated, beaten, wounded and maimed and our supporters were chased away from the polling booths by thugs abd security agents.
“They subjected us to all this but we remain confident and strong. Our heads have been bloodied but they are not bowed. There will be a day of reckoning for this great evil that has been visited upon our people and that day will soon come. Whatever they do or say we know that God is with us and He will never forsake us.
“In the end justice shall be done and the victory shall be ours. Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomole, Aregbesola and their APC are playing with fire and that fire will soon consumme them.”
Cover Of The Week
- United States to Provide $30.4 Million to Support Democratic Elections in Ethiopia February 28, 2020
- Dry replaces injured Visser at HSBC Los Angeles Sevens February 28, 2020
- Guinness PRO14 pressure continues to rise for South Africa (SA) teams February 28, 2020
- Orange and SES team up on O3b mPOWER Communications System and open a New Era for Satellite Connectivity Innovation February 28, 2020
- Hackathon Workshop February 28, 2020
- U.S. provides Defender patrol boats to Djiboutian Navy February 28, 2020
- Ramping up the fight against Fall Armyworm February 28, 2020
- Assistant Minister for Foreign Affairs meets Egypt’s Assistant Foreign Minister for Human Rights and International Humanitarian and Social Affairs February 28, 2020
- Polish-Sudanese political consultations in Warsaw February 27, 2020
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs Undersecretary Opens the Ethiopian Trade and Cultural Week February 27, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK CELEBRATES D’TIGRESS ON BACK-TO-BACK AFROBASKET CHAMPIONSHIP VICTORY
Sports7 months ago
ZENITH BANK HAILS D’TIGRESS ON QUARTERFINAL QUALIFICATION
Sports6 months ago
Winners emerge in the 2019 Nigerian and African Freestyle Football Championship