Confirming the joint operation, the Public relations officer of the brigade, Lieutenant Babatunde Zubairu says available intelligence reports reveal that some unknown armed men suspected to be members of the Eastern security Network of IPOB have built illegal training camps in the areas with the intention of causing breach of security and destabilizing peace in the area.
In an effort to ensure that there’s no breakdown of law and order, the group of security operatives including the Nigerian army, Airforce and Police stormed the area to raid these illegal camps.
Zubairu noted that the men are applying professional rules of engagement as Military Helicopters have been deployed to the area in search of the illegal camps by the suspected members of eastern security network to prevent any breach of security.
He however pointed out that Civilians and residents of the area are not in anyway harassed in the ongoing exercise as the operation is not within residential or business area but inside bushes and forests where the camps are located.
The public relations officer however, urged residents of the area to go about their lawful duties as the exercise is only targeted at hoodlums who are hellbent on destabilizing the existing peace enjoyed in Imo state.
It could be recalled that about three weeks ago there was a crisis in Orlu town between army officials and some unknown gunmen leading to destruction of lives and properties which made the state government declare a dusk to dawn curfew in nine local government areas.
Cover Of The Week
- Canon launches EOS M50 Mark II as social content creation continues to soar February 25, 2021
- Hennessy becomes the NBA’s first global spirits partner February 25, 2021
- DHL Global Forwarding Partners with Longhorn Vaccines & Diagnostics to Assure Safety and Efficacy of Lab Testing in Africa and Asia February 25, 2021
- Time for a digital scale-up in Africa to unlock the continent’s untapped creative economies, panelists say February 24, 2021
- Coronavirus - Uganda: COVID-19 update (23 February 2021) February 24, 2021
- Government of Pakistan and International Islamic Trade Finance Corporation signed Annual Financing Plan amounting to US$ 1.1 Billion February 24, 2021
- First doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine have been delivered to Ghana through COVAX February 24, 2021
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 update (23 February 2021) February 24, 2021
- Raubenheimer pleased with Bok Women’s progress February 24, 2021
- Coronavirus – Eritrea: Announcement from the Ministry of Health (23 February 2021) February 24, 2021
Politics3 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro6 months ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports6 months ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi