Following the demise of Mrs Mulikat Abeje Ademoye 96, the grandmother of the First Lady of Ogun State, Mrs Bamidele Abiodun, a delegation of political appointees and permanent secretaries in the State Thursday paid a condolence visit to the Ikoyi residence on the wife of the Governor.
Though bereaved, Mrs Abiodun could not hold back her joy at the sight of the 15-member delegation led jointly by the Head of Service, Engr Olanrewaju Bisiriyi and Chief of Staff to the Governor, Alhaji Salisu Shuaib.
In an emotion-laden voice, she poured encomium on the team for their love for the State and loyalty to her spouse.
Mrs. Bamidele Abiodun thanked the people for the support and cooperation given to her husband since the inception of the present administration in the State.
She said the achievements recorded in less than four months of her husband’s administration would not have been possible without the support of the people, especially, public officers and civil servants.
“I want to appreciate you for the support and cooperation given to my husband. I know that one cannot go far alone without dependable people like you. Please keep on supporting him so that together, we can take Ogun State to the next level”, she said.
The first lady described her late Grandmother, Alhaja Mulikat Ademoye as a remarkable woman whose love and care would be greatly missed by his loved ones.
Mrs. Abiodun said her grandmother was humility personified and a woman of prayer who worked hard to give her children and others arround her the best in life.
She said though she was saddened that her maternal grandmother was no more, she was glad that Mama lived a good life that impacted positively on many and has gone home to rest with her Creator.
In a condolence message, the leader of the delegation, the Head of Service, Engr. Lanre Bisiriyu, said Mama was a humble, disciplined and hardworking woman who brought up her children and grandchildren in the way Allah.
He noted that though many were not opportuned to meet mama while alive, her humility could be seen in the live of her first grandchild, the first lady.
In his remark, the Chief of Staff to the Governor, Alhaji Afolabi Salisu, who commiserated with the first lady, said grandchildren, knowledge and establishing something that benefit others is the only way one could be remembered after death, adding that the deceased had planted through the first lady.
“Grandma has planted a tree through our first lady. She brought her up in a good way. She planted good character on her and though she is death, she still lives through her”, he said.
Prayers was said by the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Culture and Tourism, Mrs.Solimot Otun for the repose of the soul of the death.
Mrs. Abiodun is the first grandchild of late Alhaja Mulikat Abeje Ademoye who died on Monday September 23, 2019 at the age of 96.
Cover Of The Week
- UNSMIL Statement on reports about no-confidence motion against the Government of National Unity (GNU) September 21, 2021
- Kenya is Sri Lanka's good friend Kananathan tells the Foreign Minister of Kenya September 21, 2021
- Special Representative of the Secretary-General Statement Condemning Coup Attempt September 21, 2021
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Info Update (21 September 2021) September 21, 2021
- Coronavirus: South Africa Administers More than 16 Million COVID-19 Vaccines September 21, 2021
- Road safety experts and officials from ECOWAS Member States deliberate and consider uniform actionable measures to curb the astronomical increase in deaths resulting from road crashes September 21, 2021
- Niger Signs its fourth Country Programme Framework (CPF) for 2022-2027 September 21, 2021
- UNMISS trains South Sudanese military commanders on human rights and international humanitarian laws September 21, 2021
- FAO Launches Online Course on African Swine Fever to Capacitate Veterinarians and Veterinary Paraprofessionals in Southern Africa September 21, 2021
- WFP Boosts Food Production and Builds Resilience to Climate Change in Malawi September 21, 2021
Fashion/Lifestyle5 months ago
How To Make a Girl Horny Fast – 9 Easy Tricks
Politics7 months ago
EKITI 2022:MAKING A CASE FOR A NEW FACE WITH NEW IDEAS IN STATE GOVERNANCE
celebrity radar - gossips7 months ago
Otunba Kehinde Oloyede is Bereaved!
Fashion/Lifestyle7 months ago
Rotary Recognizes exemplary youths across Nigeria