Benin Film Academy, a brain child of veteran Nollywood movie maker, Ambassador Lancelot Oduwa Imasuen has won big at this year’s Film in Edo Project Initiative.
Announcing the winners in the keenly contested talent development initiative of the Edo state government and Market Development in Niger Delta (MADE) funded filmmaking competition over weekend at the Edo Innovation Hub, ICE Road, Benin city, Benin Film Academy trained Mr. Michael Eriyo, Miss Charlotte Ojeaga and Mr Joseph Okhomina won big.
Designed to stimulate the growth, development and sustainance of the art of filmmaking in Edo state, Pitch-Win And Shot Competition, very soon creative atmosphere will be charged with movie productions that has strong storyline, vibrant messages and powerful visual quality with the rich Edo cultural heritage on display.
Reacting to the achievements recorded by the BFA’s students, Ambassador Lancelot Oduwa Imasuen who co-founded the academy in partnership with Igbinedion University, Okada, Edo State, said,
“We of the Benin Film Academy feels very proud and elated by this mind blowing achievement by our students. This was the reason behind the establishment of the Film Academy here in Nigeria. So as to train and expose budding talents that abounds here in Edo State and beyond.”
The visibly elated and impressed Chairman of Ovia North East Local Government Area, Mr Scott Ogbemudia, who is the Chairman of the host communities of these filmmakers said, ” We promised to throw more weight behind the movie productions and also, I will like to encourage people of our community to show appreciation to these filmmakers. This will go a long way in stimulating economic growth and development in our domain.”
Three selected movies will be shot on a location at Okada village.
Ten very creative producers were presented prize money and amatching grant for ten different movie productions. As at the time of filing this report some of the producers has already gone on location and work has started on different movie productions.
Cover Of The Week
- Mozambique President Named Africa Oil & Power’s “Person of the Year” for 2020 September 30, 2020
- African Guarantee Fund Appoints Jules Ngankam as Group Chief Executive Officer September 30, 2020
- Orange Campus Africa, Orange’s New African E-Learning Platform September 30, 2020
- HUAWEI now offers safe and contactless digital payment options with the launch of Mondia Pay on HUAWEI Mobile Services (HMS) in the MEA Region September 30, 2020
- Coronavirus - African Union Member States (55) reporting COVID-19 cases (1,472,433) deaths (35,954), and recoveries (1,217,457) September 30, 2020
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Information Update (29th September 2020) September 30, 2020
- Towards the establishment of a National Measurement, Reporting and Verification (MRV) system in Burkina Faso September 30, 2020
- World Health Organization (WHO) to Investigate Allegations of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse in Ebola Response in the Democratic Republic of the Congo September 29, 2020
- African Island States Launch Joint Medicines Procurement Initiative September 29, 2020
- A Whole New Finals: NBA Restart by the Numbers September 29, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips4 weeks ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro1 month ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports4 weeks ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
BREAKING: Names of the Three Cabin Crew Revealed As Third Person Onboard Helicopter Crash Dies In Hospital