Christian Chukwu, former coach of the Super Eagles and one
of Nigeria’s greatest footballers ever, will travel to the UK for further
treatment in the first week of May following the footing of his medical bills
by Femi Otedola, the billionaire businessman.
Otedola’s offer to foot the bill of the former captain of the national team following reports that he was battling with prostate cancer.
The $50,000 cheque was presented to Chukwu on Wednesday morning in Enugu by Philip Akinola, the COO of Zenon Petroleum and Gas Ltd, one of Otedola’s companies.
Also present were Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, the governor of Enugu state, Amaju Pinnick, the chairman of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and Onochie Anibeze, the renowned sports journalist.
“The governor just called to thank me immensely and I spoke with Christian Chukwu too. He will be flown abroad next week. I told him he will be fine and I will make sure he is provided with the best health services,” Otedola.
Chukwu, with support from the Enugu state government, has already done an initial surgery in Nigeria and has been recuperating.
Emirates Aviation University introduces a special package for international students
ZENITH BANK APPOINTS HENRY OROH EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR AND DR. AL-MUJTABA ABUBAKAR INDEPENDENT NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
FIRSTBANK AGRIC EXPO SET TO PROMOTE NEW AGRIBUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES
Dino Melaye Reacts As Tribunal Sacks Him As Senator. “ No Cause For Alarm”
PSN urged federal government to set up presidential committee on drug distribution
Cover Of The Week
- Torrential rains destroy shelters for displaced people in northeast Nigeria August 23, 2019
- African Women Dialogue Across Generations August 23, 2019
- The launch meeting of Gavi’s third replenishment August 23, 2019
- World Health Organization (WHO) supports Cross River State in administering polio vaccines to Cameroonian refugees August 23, 2019
- Statement attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General on the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between Rwanda and Uganda August 23, 2019
- Ambassador of Belarus Sergei Rachkov meets the Deputy Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs of Egypt Abir Alam Eldin August 23, 2019
- Somalia security remains a concern, head of UN Mission warns Security Council August 22, 2019
- WHO and Africa CDC agree on joint actions to improve health security in Africa August 22, 2019
- Restoring people’s trust in medical facilities an essential prescription for achieving universal health coverage August 22, 2019
- Security Council Press Statement on Sudan August 22, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime4 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others