58 years old Delta State born-philanthropist, Prince Ned Nwoko has been honoured as AFRICA COMMUNITY DEVELOPER OF THE YEAR in recognition of his ncommitment to community development within and outside the nation.
Presenting the award to Mr Nwoko during a brief ceremony in Abuja, the director, international cooperational Africa Advancement Forum, David James Egwu said the award was in recognition of the frantic efforts and sacrifices being made by the recipient in the area of human and community development.
He urged the recipient to continue with the good works he has been doing and ensure that the image of black man is restored through his philanthropic works.
Receiving the award, Mr Nwoko who expressed delight over the award said he felt inspired by the award to do more in sports and youths’ development.
Mr Ned Nwoko who is currently on the process of establishing a sports University in Idumuje Ugboko, Delta State said any young man or woman interested in sports and education combined would find a place at the University when recognized by the National Universities Commission, NUC.
According to him, the university will cover all Olympic sports when eventually commissioned.
Mr Nwoko noted that five of the seven structures recommended by NUC for a start are already in place, adding that efforts were on to ensure close collaboration with the Delta State government.
Cover Of The Week
- Radio Station Features U.S. Ambassador January 17, 2020
- Statement of Mohamed Ibn Chambas, UN Special Representative for West Africa and The Sahel, on The Gambia January 17, 2020
- Libya: Tens of thousands of children at risk amidst violence and chaos of unrelenting conflict January 17, 2020
- Six months following the enforced disappearance of Siham Sergewa, UNSMIL calls for her immediate release January 17, 2020
- Chinese Embassy launches Training Course on Pottery Production Techniques in Freetown January 17, 2020
- Minister Gould concludes visit to Republic of Congo and Democratic Republic of Congo January 17, 2020
- Ambassador visits Peace Corps Volunteers January 17, 2020
- UN Child Rights Committee to review Austria, Belarus, Costa Rica, Hungary, Rwanda and State of Palestine January 17, 2020
- Tanzania will continue to uphold one-China policy January 17, 2020
- A passion for food wins contest on innovative thinking January 17, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips4 weeks ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria