The reign of terror by suspected members of the Boko Haram sect continued Tuesday with a deadly bomb blast killing at least 20 people in the Sabon Gari area of Zaria town, Kaduna state.
The governor of the state, Nasir El-Rufai, confirmed the casualty figure via his Twitter handle.
The attack came hours after a suicide bomb attack at a Mosque in Kano on Monday.
Similar explosions killed 44 people in Jos, Plateau State, on Sunday, the same day six persons were killed at a church in Potiskum, Yobe State, by a suicide bomber.
A resident of Zaria, Umar Mohammed, told PREMIUM TIMES Tuesday’s blast occurred at the local government secretariat where civil servants’ screening was taking place.
He said it was unclear who the bomber was, but said the attacker detonated explosives in the middle of the crowd.
Cover Of The Week
- Crisis in childhood HIV treatment in western and central Africa February 17, 2020
- Basketball Africa League (BAL): Transcripts of All Star 2020 Game Players (Sunday February 16, 2020) February 17, 2020
- Challenger Series Review February 17, 2020
- Mission of the Czech Defense and Security Industry to Djibouti and Ethiopia February 17, 2020
- His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed receives Ethiopian PM February 17, 2020
- Empowering Health Workers on Child Growth Assessment February 17, 2020
- In a meeting with Egyptian Foreign Minister, Edgars Rinkēvičs discusses Latvian-Egyptian cooperation and developments in Libya February 17, 2020
- Africa Energy Forum 2020 to address Sustainable Development Goal on Energy (SDG7) and Impact of Energy Investment February 17, 2020
- UNMISS urges parties to form transitional government February 17, 2020
- SA Rugby to host U18 Elite Player Development camp February 17, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK CELEBRATES D’TIGRESS ON BACK-TO-BACK AFROBASKET CHAMPIONSHIP VICTORY
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK HAILS D’TIGRESS ON QUARTERFINAL QUALIFICATION
Sports5 months ago
Winners emerge in the 2019 Nigerian and African Freestyle Football Championship