In the light of her endless commitment to ending Breast Cancer as a life threatening disease, through public education, patient support, advocacy and research, wife of Ondo State Governor, Arabinrin Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu has received a part on the back for giving so such to humanity.
The Executive Governor of Imo State, His Excellency, Owelle Rochas Okorocha (OON) gave the commendation in Owerri the Imo State capital while receiving in audience a delegation of members of Breast Cancer Association of Nigeria, BRECAN led by its founder and first Lady of Ondo State, Chief Mrs Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu who called on him at the Douglas house Owerri.
Governor Okorocha described Mrs Akeredolu’s commitment to Breast Cancer Awareness as uncommon and pledged the support of Imo State Government to the cause.
In his words “To say the least, we are proud of you and it is not common in our history for people to appreciate God for what God has done, usually we pray God to help us, but once we are helped we forget God, only very few come back to say to God thank you. BRECAN is a way of saying thank you God for saving your life 20 years ago, and you have not forgotten. Am sure you have gone for Thanksgiving one Sunday, and that is it, but everyday you continue to remember 20 years ago and you have continued to say what has happened to me, as horrible as it was, I do not want any other woman to share the same urly experience, that defines your person and your character. I like to assure you that Imo State Government will partner with you to fight this deadly disease called Breast Cancer.”
Governor Okorocha used the medium to advise Imo women to embrace the” early detection saves lives” message by adhering to the recommended one month periodic Breast self examination and let go of the misconception of Breast cancer being a spiritual attack rather than a medical Issue.
Earlier in her speech, the First Lady of Ondo State and daughter of the soil said they were in the state to raise awareness of the life threatening disease through a town hall approach, as one of the activities lined up to mark this year’s world Cancer day in Nigeria and to revive BRECAN Imo State established in 2008
Mrs Akeredolu was accompanied by the National President of BRECAN, Mrs Juliet Ogbogu, BRECAN Chairpersons of Oyo and Ondo State and the newly elected Chapter executives of BRECAN Imo State Chapter.
Cover Of The Week
- Speech by H.E. Ms. Jacobsen at Arusha Technical College Graduation Ceremony January 29, 2020
- UAE has prioritised relations with African countries: His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed January 29, 2020
- Santu Mofokeng (1956–2020) January 29, 2020
- Cubans and Namibians commemorate the Birth of the Apostle January 29, 2020
- Remarks by the Spokesperson of the Chinese Embassy in Zambia on the Outbreak of Pneumonia caused by the Novel Coronavirus January 29, 2020
- Egypt: African Development Bank approves $22 million to expand leasing financing to corporates and SMEs January 29, 2020
- Blitzboks excited to restore pride January 29, 2020
- ‘Agriculture is the most important business in the world,’ African Development Bank President Akinwumi Adesina tells students January 29, 2020
- The NBA is hiring a Marketing Lead, Basketball Africa League (BAL) January 29, 2020
- Secretary Pompeo’s Meeting with Benin President Talon January 29, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria