In the light of her endless commitment to ending Breast Cancer as a life threatening disease, through public education, patient support, advocacy and research, wife of Ondo State Governor, Arabinrin Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu has received a part on the back for giving so such to humanity.
The Executive Governor of Imo State, His Excellency, Owelle Rochas Okorocha (OON) gave the commendation in Owerri the Imo State capital while receiving in audience a delegation of members of Breast Cancer Association of Nigeria, BRECAN led by its founder and first Lady of Ondo State, Chief Mrs Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu who called on him at the Douglas house Owerri.
Governor Okorocha described Mrs Akeredolu’s commitment to Breast Cancer Awareness as uncommon and pledged the support of Imo State Government to the cause.
In his words “To say the least, we are proud of you and it is not common in our history for people to appreciate God for what God has done, usually we pray God to help us, but once we are helped we forget God, only very few come back to say to God thank you. BRECAN is a way of saying thank you God for saving your life 20 years ago, and you have not forgotten. Am sure you have gone for Thanksgiving one Sunday, and that is it, but everyday you continue to remember 20 years ago and you have continued to say what has happened to me, as horrible as it was, I do not want any other woman to share the same urly experience, that defines your person and your character. I like to assure you that Imo State Government will partner with you to fight this deadly disease called Breast Cancer.”
Governor Okorocha used the medium to advise Imo women to embrace the” early detection saves lives” message by adhering to the recommended one month periodic Breast self examination and let go of the misconception of Breast cancer being a spiritual attack rather than a medical Issue.
Earlier in her speech, the First Lady of Ondo State and daughter of the soil said they were in the state to raise awareness of the life threatening disease through a town hall approach, as one of the activities lined up to mark this year’s world Cancer day in Nigeria and to revive BRECAN Imo State established in 2008
Mrs Akeredolu was accompanied by the National President of BRECAN, Mrs Juliet Ogbogu, BRECAN Chairpersons of Oyo and Ondo State and the newly elected Chapter executives of BRECAN Imo State Chapter.
RTEAN Dissolves Lagos Executives, Sets Up Caretaker Committee
FBNQuest Trustees Marks 40th Anniversary of preserving legacies in Nigeria
IWS offers free medical ,donate Clothes,Food stuffs in Lagos community
The Bisi Fayemi You Have Not Met- By Mary Oso-Omotoso
DEJI OWOYELE “THE BRIDGE BUILDER” @ 40
Cover Of The Week
- G5 Sahel heads of State throw their weight behind African Development Bank initiative Desert to power September 15, 2019
- African Development Bank launches US$ 2 billion 1.625% Global Benchmark due 16 September 2022 September 13, 2019
- Innovative thinking marks African Development Bank’s Africa jobs manifesto September 13, 2019
- Humanitarian Assistance provided to Vulnerable Communities affected by floods in Niger September 13, 2019
- U.S. Embassy Statement on Recent Attack on Humanitarian Workers in Gambella September 13, 2019
- Belgian-Backed Labour Migration Initiative boosts Employability of Tunisian Youth September 13, 2019
- Kingdom of Morocco wins High-Level Vote to host next World Tourism Organization General Assembly in 2021 September 13, 2019
- Appeal launched for Humanitarian Response to Cyclone Devastation in Mozambique September 13, 2019
- U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) supports LNG Importation and Distribution in Guinea September 13, 2019
- Malaria vaccine launched in Kenya: Kenya joins Ghana and Malawi to roll out landmark vaccine in pilot introduction September 13, 2019
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics3 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS