The Chief Executive and President Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute, Paul Smith has called for a closer collaboration with Ecobank Nigeria along areas of mutual interest in the nation’s financial industry. Smith who was speaking during a courtesy visit to Management of Ecobank Nigeria in Lagos on Friday, said its call is predicated on the pedigree and antecedents of the Bank in the financial industry.
According to him, the partnership would further explore research, training and professional development. “We also want to deepen and strengthen our collaboration with Ecobank to expand our reach across the various regional blocs in the Sub-Saharan Africa region.”
While commending Ecobank for its support to its member. CFA Society, Nigeria over the years, he emphasized that the CFA Institute stands for creating a financial environment where clients’ interests come first, markets function at their best, and economies grow.
Responding, Managing Director, Ecobank Nigeria, Patrick Akinwuntan, lauded the visit and assured that the Bank is ready to collaborate more with the Institute to further develop the financial sector in Nigeria and across Sub-Saharan Africa. He commended the organization’s sterling activities in growing the ethical and professional practice of financial services in Nigeria, Africa and across the world.
He intimated the CFA team of the various strategic initiatives of the Bank which are aimed at establishing world-class learning and development platforms for its staff, one of which led to the recent accreditation of Ecobank Nigeria Academy by the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN).
In his remarks, the Head of Strategy, Ecobank Nigeria, Unwana Efiong Esang noted that the desire to deepen and expand collaboration between the Institute and the Bank is a welcome development especially at a time the financial services industry is experiencing a profound paradigm shift in its business and operating models. He further stated that such partnerships between global and Pan African financial industry stakeholders will go a long way in enhancing financial services practice and also help in sustaining the relevance and quality of service of the banking system far into the future. He restated Ecobank’s strong positive disposition towards actualising the several collaborative options and models available to both organisations
Also speaking, President of CFA Society, Nigeria, Banji Fehintola commended Ecobank for its support of its activities over the years and expressed the Society’s willingness to fully take advantage of the several partnership initiatives of the Bank in Nigeria and across Sub-Saharan Africa.
Ogun to Demolish Houses That Habour Kidnappers, Sets Up Trust Fund
Fashion Your Way To Fame With Scissor Reality Show
LAGOS FIRST LADY RAISES HOPE OF IMPROVED ACCESS TO QUALITY HEALTHCARE
Emirates Aviation University introduces a special package for international students
ZENITH BANK APPOINTS HENRY OROH EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR AND DR. AL-MUJTABA ABUBAKAR INDEPENDENT NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Cover Of The Week
- New push for peace in Gogrial, Tonj, Wau as area governors embark on grassroots implementation activities August 23, 2019
- Tanzania: Second journalist arrested in a month must be released unconditionally August 23, 2019
- Merck Foundation in partnership with the First Lady of Malawi launches a children story to teach children and youth family values of love and respect- The Story of Limbani and Takondwa August 23, 2019
- Facebook celebrates 'Icons of Change' from across Sub-Saharan Africa with a Youth Gathering in Accra, Ghana August 23, 2019
- Assistant Foreign Minister Chen Xiaodong Meets with Charles Kayonga, Rwandan Ambassador to Leave August 23, 2019
- UN Commission on Human Rights in South Sudan: Localization of conflict and unaddressed community grievances serve as barriers to sustainable peace August 23, 2019
- Alternatives to Irregular Migration: International Organization for Migration (IOM) Launches Vocational Training Programme for Gambians August 23, 2019
- Innovative Inclusive Approach to Strengthen Community Cohesion in Chad August 23, 2019
- Launch of the Advancing Economic Diversification in Ethiopia Project August 23, 2019
- School closures in West and Central Africa triple since 2017, as education comes under fire across the region August 23, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others