A Lagos Federal High Court on Tuesday ordered officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) to immediately vacate the residence of the beleaguered senator-elect for Ogun East Senatorial District Buruji Kashamu.
Justice Ibrahim Buba while presiding over the case filed by counsel to Kashamu, Ajibola Oluyede said the NDLEA should immediately vacate the residence and maintain status quo.
He pronounced the action of the NDLEA as sub judice and ordered the men of the Nigerian police to ensure that NDLEA operatives vacate Kashamu’s premises “without a free for all.”
For the past few days, more than 50 operatives from the NDLEA have occupied the Lagos Residence of Kashamu. He has been under house arrest since Saturday morning when anti-narcotic agents secured his property.
The Senator-elect is wanted in the United States over alleged drug charges.
The NDLEA had said Kashamu was detained to ensure he appears in court to face extradition proceedings on Monday.
Despite the house arrest, the NDLEA failed to take Kashamu to court on Monday.
Supporters of Ogun State Senator-Elect, Buruji Kashamu staged a protest at the Federal High Court sitting in Lagos.
They carried placards bearing different inscriptions, accusing the NDLEA illegally placing him on house arrest.
The matter has subsequently been adjourned till 4th of Jun
Cover Of The Week
- The UBA Africa Conversations 2021: Join Africa's Global Leaders - President Kagame of Rwanda, WTO's Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, UBA's Tony O. Elumelu, WHO's Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, IFC's Makhtar Sop Diop, to Celebrate Africa Day at the UBA Africa Conversations 2021 May 18, 2021
- De-risking the World's Future Growth Engine: African Trade Insurance (ATI) joins The Canada-Africa Chamber of Business May 18, 2021
- Dates and new qualification pathway confirmed as Rugby World Cup Sevens 2022 looks to inspire a new generation of rugby fans May 18, 2021
- CORRECTION: Kingdom of Lesotho Faces Worldwide Enforcement Action Following 50 million Euros Damages Award May 18, 2021
- Vertiv Introduces New Plug-and-Play Micro Data Center System for Edge Computing in Europe, Middle East and Africa May 18, 2021
- Team Qhubeka ASSOS partners up with On May 18, 2021
- Wenger: We want to give every player a chance May 18, 2021
- Youth are Africa's best asset; invest in them - African Development Bank President Adesina May 18, 2021
- Total's Mozambique LNG Project to take center stage at the France Africa Economic summit May 18, 2021
- Novartis reaches milestone delivery of 1 billion courses of antimalarial treatment May 18, 2021
Politics6 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
religion5 months ago
Kidnapping In Aso Rock, CBN Governor Indictment, Death Of Governor, Others – Primate Ayodele Fearful 2021 Prophecies
celebrity radar - gossips4 months ago
Profile of New Chief of Army Staff Maj Gen Ibrahim Attahiru
Politics6 months ago
Will Primate Ayodele’s Warning To Joe Biden On US Election Come To Pass?