In view of government’s directive on the ban of high density gathering due to the COVID 19 virus, which subsequently informed the closure of Public and private schools across the State, the Ogun State Government wishes to inform parents, guardians and the general public of the commencement of electronic visual learning on the State owned Television station, OGTV.
The digital classrooms for children of primary and secondary schools across the State, according to the Special Adviser on Special Adviser, Primary Secondary and Technical Education in the State, Mrs Ronke Soyombo, is “tagged OgunDigiClass is an initiative of the State Government in collaboration with the Ministry of Education Science and Technology is to ensure that learners are still undergoing the learning process while on the unplanned impromptu academic recess.
“OgunDigiClass would daily feature top-notch educators who would handle core topics in English and Mathematics at both Primary and Secondary Schools levels”
She added that the visual learning will run as follows:
Public streaming on OGTV (Channel 25, 260 on DSTV, 100 on GoTV) between the hours of:
9:00am – 10:00am (Classes for Primary Schools)
10:00am – 11:00 (Classes for Primary Schools)
1:00pm – 2:00pm (Classes for secondary Schools)
Students who do not have the opportunity to be part of the televised sessions could also to visit www.ogundigiclass.ng to watch the recorded version of the classes.
Additionally, students can also send questions on any subject on this platform while the teachers assist them.
Parents and guardians are hereby enjoined to ensure that appropriate measures are emplaced to enable their wards benefit from this arrangement.
The electronic visual school commences 24th March 2020 and will be on throughout the duration of the closure of schools.
Chief Press Secretary to Governor Dapo Abiodun
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Africa: Communique of the Bureau of the Assembly of the African Union (AU) Heads of State and Government Teleconference on COVID-19, Held on 26 March 2020 March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Uganda: 7 new cases of COVID-19 confirmed in Uganda today, Saturday 28 March 2020 March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus – Seychelles: New Case of COVID-19 Detected (28 March 2020) March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus – Botswana: Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases statistics in Botswana as of 28 March 2020 March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Zimbabwe: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: 28 March 2020 March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Democratic Republic of the Congo: The Head of State Convened a Meeting of the Expanded Security Services Response Committee (Saturday 28 March) March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Seven more people have tested positive of coronavirus, four Kenyans, two Congolese and one Chinese, bringing the total to 38 March 28, 2020
- Map of African countries with COVID-19 cases (28 March 2020 - 5pm EAT) March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: 46 countries reporting a total COVID-19 3,977 cases, 117 deaths, and 286 recoveries March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Press Statement on the Update of Coronavirus in the Country and Response Measures as at 28th March, 2020 March 28, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips3 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
Sports6 months ago
Winners emerge in the 2019 Nigerian and African Freestyle Football Championship
Entertainment6 months ago
“Why Ultrabest Dance School is the best in Nigeria”- Juliet Ugwoeje
news2 weeks ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor